Clone this wiki locally
Table of Contents
eAccelerator is a free open-source PHP accelerator & optimizer. It increases the performance of PHP scripts by caching them in their compiled state, so that the overhead of compiling is almost completely eliminated. It also optimizes scripts to speed up their execution. eAccelerator typically reduces server load and increases the speed of your PHP code by 1-10 times.
eAccelerator was born in December 2004 as a fork of the Turck MMCache project. Turck MMCache was created by Dmitry Stogov and much of the eAccelerator code is still based on his work.
eAccelerator stores compiled PHP scripts in shared memory and executes code directly from it. It creates locks only for a short time, while searching for a compiled PHP script in the cache, so one script can be executed simultaneously by several engines. Files that can't fit in shared memory are cached on disk only.
The latest release, 0.9.6.1, features support for PHP 5.3 and also works with PHP 5.1 and 5.2. The previous 0.9.5 branch supports PHP 4 and all PHP 5 releases including 5.2. In older releases, the encoder will only work with PHP versions from the 4.x.x branch.
- Release-0.9.6.1 - 2010/05/31
- Release-0.9.6 - 2010/02/04
- Release-0.9.6-rc2 - 2010/01/26
- Release-0.9.6-rc1 - 2009/07/15
- Release-0.9.5.3 - 2008/05/18
- Release-0.9.5.2 - 2007/09/03
- Release-0.9.5.1 - 2007/05/06
- Release-0.9.5 - 2006/10/11
- Release-0.9.5-rc1 - 2006/07/25
- Release-0.9.5-beta2 - 2006/04/11
- Release-0.9.5-beta1 - 2006/02/15
- Release-0.9.4 - 2006/02/15
Releases can be found at https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/downloads/
Source code is available through Github at https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator/
- Through Github at https://github.com/eaccelerator/eaccelerator
- Mailing lists
- HOWTO generate a backtrace