- Website: http://ericwa.github.io/ericw-tools
- Maintainer: Eric Wasylishen (AKA ericw)
- Email: email@example.com
ericw-tools is a branch of Tyrann's quake 1 tools, focused on adding lighting features, mostly borrowed from q3map2. There are a few bugfixes for qbsp as well. Original readme follows:
A collection of command line utilities for building Quake levels and working with various Quake file formats. I need to work on the documentation a bit more, but below are some brief descriptions of the tools.
qbsp - Used for turning a .map file into a playable .bsp file.
light - Used for lighting a level after the bsp stage. This util was previously known as TyrLite
vis - Creates the potentially visible set (PVS) for a bsp.
bspinfo - Print stats about the data contained in a bsp file.
bsputil - Simple tool for manipulation of bsp file data
See the doc/ directory for more detailed descriptions of the various tools capabilities. See changelog.txt for a brief overview of recent changes or https://github.com/ericwa/ericw-tools for the full changelog and source code.
Requires CMake 2.8, groff, and a compiler with C99 and C++11 support.
Embree v2.10.0+ is optional but recommended.
- Ubuntu 14.04 / Clang 3.5.0
- Ubuntu 14.04 / gcc 4.8.4
- OS X 10.11 / Xcode 7.3
- Windows 10 / Visual Studio 2013 Community
Ubuntu 14.04 x86_64
sudo apt-get install git cmake build-essential groff git clone https://github.com/ericwa/ericw-tools cd ericw-tools mkdir build cd build wget https://github.com/embree/embree/releases/download/v2.17.5/embree-2.17.5.x86_64.linux.tar.gz -O embree.tgz tar xf embree.tgz cmake .. -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release -Dembree_DIR="$(pwd)/embree-2.17.5.x86_64.linux" make -j8 VERBOSE=1
Executables will be located in:
- Kevin Shanahan (AKA Tyrann) for the original tyrutils
- id Software (original release of these tools is at https://github.com/id-Software/quake-tools)
- rebb (ambient occlusion, qbsp improvements)
- q3map2 authors (AO, sunlight2, penumbra, deviance are from q3map2)
- Spike (hexen 2 support, phong shading, various features)
- MH (surface lights based on MHColour)
- mfx, sock, Lunaran (testing)
- Thanks to users at func_msgboard for feedback and testing
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details. You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place, Suite 330, Boston, MA 02111-1307 USA
Builds using Embree are licensed under GPLv3+ for compatibility with the Apache license.