A simple windows app that allows you to extract .wpress files created by the awesome All-in-one-Wp-Migration Wordpress plugin
The extractor source code : https://github.com/yani-/wpress. I had to make a tiny modification to their reader.go file to allow it to run on Windows systems.
Mac - Download now
*IMPORTANT FOR MAC: Don't forget to make the binary executable by running a
chmod +x wpress_extractor on the downloaded file via the Terminal.
How to extract/open .wpress files ?
Simply provide a path to your downloaded .wpress file as the first commandline argument to the program.
I'm not very technical - How to use this thing?
Simply download the extractor then drop your.wpress file onto the executable (Wpress-extractor.exe). (Thanks hughc!)
- Download the extractor
- Create a directory where you wish your files to be extracted to
- Copy the downloaded extractor to that directory
- Copy your .wpress file to that directory as well
- Open up a command prompt
- CD into the directory you just created, let's say its C:\Wordpress-Backup. The command you'll run would be
- Now run the following command
wpress-extractor <name-of-your.wpress file>. For example my .wpress file was fifthsegment.wpress so the command I ran was
- You'll find your files extracted into the same directory where the extractor was run. In my case it was