Google go language plugin is an attempt to build an outstanding IDE for Google Go language using Intellij IDEA.
- Project pages on github:
- Google Go language page:
- Intellij IDEA homepage:
- Basic language parsing and highlighting
- Code folding
- Brace matching
- Comment/Uncomment (Single/Multiple line) support
- Go SDK (work with the latest release and on windows)
- File type icon
- Go application file and library generation.
- Auto completion of sdk package names and/or local application packages.
- Compilation of the go applications (supported semantics are similar to those of gobuild)
- Go To definition (for types) works across files and Go SDK
- Code formatting - experimental (disabled)
- Type name completion
- ColorsAndSettings page with a new color scheme
- Automatically add new line at end of file
- Force UTF-8 encoding for go files
- Go module type
- Go SDK indexing mode
- Download and install Intellij IDEA (Ultimate or Community edition) or any other IntelliJ IDE that is build on the IDEA 133.326+ platform
- Open the Plugins installation page: File -> Settings -> Plugins -> Browse Repositories...
- Search for "golang"
- Right click on the proper plugin and install
- Download latest release of the Google Go language.
- Build and install it.
- Open IDEA and create an empty Go project.
- Go to File -> Project Structure and select SDKs entry in the left column of the new window
- Add a new Google Go SDK by clicking the plus sign an choosing the appropriate SDK type. (See MacOS note below)
- After the SDK is defined go to the Modules entry and add a new google facet to your default module. Select the proper sdk for the module.
- If you have only one directory in the
GOPATHand you are creating a project inside that path when you are working with packages that are part of the project you must still specify the whole import path for them, not the relative one. Example:
- the correct way to setup a project called
- new package is:
- the correct import statement is:
Now you are ready to play with golang.
NOTE: In MacOS you may need to press ⌘+⇧+G in Finder dialog and enter
/usr/local/go if Go in installed
using package installer)
If you found a bug, please report it at the Google Go plugin project's tracker on GitHub: http://github.com/go-lang-plugin-org/go-lang-idea-plugin/issues.
When reporting a bug, please include the following:
- IDEA version
- OS version
- JDK version
Please ensure that the bug is not reported already.
There will always be at least one EAP downloadable on @dlsniper's dropbox built from master. The folder may contain other builds as well such as issue prefixed builds that attempt to fix a specific issue and have not been merged to master yet. They are meant to be a convenient way to quickly test upcoming changes without the hasle of building the plugin but it also means that you should take them with a grain of salt, they are after all, beta builds. Also, after you've done testing, please remember to check the official plugin repository in order to ensure you always have the latest stable build or that there's no new release as automatic updates won't work with EAP releases of the plugin.
If you want to contribute to this effort you should read the following page: how to contribute.
- Language parsing and PSI building
- Sdk indexing
- Reference Resolving & Completions
- folding improvement
- introduce variable
- unused imports
- gomake integration
- gofmt integration
- simple Structure View for Go files.
- Cardea support
- Non-IntelliJ IDEs plugin support
- GDB debug support integration
- IDEA GDB support
We would like to thank YourKit for supporting the development of this plugin by providing us licenses to their full-featured Yourkit Java Profiler. YourKit, LLC is the creator of innovative and intelligent tools for profiling Java and .NET applications. Take a look at YourKit's leading software products: