This can break existing Elasticsearch deployments if security policies are applied.
For instance Jaeger
X-Packconfiguration now requires permission to create index templates -
The index mappings in Elasticsearch 7 are not backwards compatible with the older versions.
Therefore using Elasticsearch 7 with data created with older version would not work.
Elasticsearch 6.8 supports 7.x, 6.x, 5.x compatible mappings. The upgrade has to be done
first to ES 6.8, then apply data migration or wait until old daily indices are removed (this requires
to start Jaeger with
--es.version=7to force using ES 7.x mappings for newly created indices).
Jaeger by default uses Elasticsearch ping endpoint (
/) to derive the version which is used
for index mappings selection. The version can be overridden by flag
Bug fixes, Minor Improvements
- Fix gRPC over cmux and add unit tests (#1758, @yurishkuro)
- Add CA certificates to agent image (#1764, @yurishkuro)
- Fix badger merge-join algorithm to correctly filter indexes (#1721, @burmanm)
- Change Zipkin CORS origins and headers to comma separated list (#1556, @JonasVerhofste)
- Added null guards to 'Process' when processing an incoming span (#1723, @jpkrohling)
- Export expvar metrics of badger to the metricsFactory (#1704, @burmanm)
- Pass TTL as int, not as float64 (#1710, @yurishkuro)
- Use find by regex for archive index in index cleaner (#1693, @pavolloffay)
- Allow token propagation if token type is not specified (#1685, @rubenvp8510)
- Fix duplicated spans when querying Elasticsearch (#1677, @pavolloffay)
- Fix the threshold precision issue (#1665, @guanw)
- Badger filter duplicate results from a single indexSeek (#1649, @burmanm)
- Badger make default dirs work in Windows (#1653, @burmanm)
- UI pinned to version 1.4.0. The changelog is available here v1.4.0