This is README for HGE library source reconfigured with CMake
For original readme file refer to Original_README.txt
This package is configured with CMakeLists.txt for use with CMake. Once ran, CMake generates project files for one of known IDE's for Windows (as well as Linux/Unix/MacOSX but this version of HGE only builds on Windows).
- Edit CMakeLists.txt in root folder, set "DIRECTX_SDK_DIR" to where you have "DirectX SDK Summer 2004" installed (for DirectX8 build) and some other DirectX SDK for DirectX9 build. If you don't have it yet - visit Microsoft website or search google for "DirectX SDK Summer 2004" (~230 MB download) or some fresh DirectX 9 SDK (see that it comes from microsoft.com, tagged year ~2010, size ~550 MB).
cmake_studioNNNN.bat(NOTE: you can create own bat file if CMake supports your IDE).
- Project directory will be created in
_build, open project file (.SLN solution file) with your IDE and click "BUILD" in your IDE.
- Resulting library
HGE.DLLand HGE.LIB will be placed in
bindirectory, all intermediate libraries will be placed in
/linklib. There is also HGE-STATIC library which doesn't require DLL to run, it can be found in
- All temporary build files will stay inside
_build/. To clean intermediate files one should delete
- If you are going to change any build options, please keep in mind, that this is CMake
generated project, editing anything inside
_buildfolder will be overwritten next time, when you compile HGE project. If you need to add any compiler options, please edit main or each
CMakeLists.txtin HGE181 and
src/*folders (depending how big your changes are).
- if you link against HGE library, you only need to mention HGE.LIB in project settings,
HGE.DLLin your program folder. HGEHELPERS is not needed (its linked internally).
- if you link against HGE-STATIC flavour of library, you don't need
HGE.DLLanymore, all functionality will be included in your application. You need to mention HGEHELPERS, ZLIB and HGELIBPNG in linker settings of your project for this to work (as well as D3D8.lib D3DX8.lib or 9 if you are using DirectX9 and WINMM.lib). Consult project settings of 'hge' project regarding Linker input.