Pat is a cross platform Winlink client with basic messaging capabilities.
It is the primary sandbox/prototype application for the wl2k-go project, and provides both a command line interface and a responsive (mobile-friendly) web interface.
It is mainly developed for Linux, but are also known to run on OS X, Windows and Android.
- Message composer/reader (basic mailbox functionality).
- Auto-shrink image attachments.
- Post position reports with location from local GPS, browser location or manual entry.
- Rig control (using hamlib) for winmor PTT and QSY.
- CRON-like syntax for execution of scheduled commands (e.g. QSY or connect).
- Built in http-server with web interface (mobile friendly).
- Git style command line interface.
- Listen for P2P connections using multiple modes concurrently.
- AX.25, telnet, WINMOR and ARDOP support.
- Experimental gzip message compression (See "Gzip experiment" below).
martinhpedersen@duo:~$ pat interactive > listen winmor,telnet-p2p,ax25 2015/02/03 10:33:10 Listening for incoming traffic (winmor,telnet-p2p,ax25)... > connect winmor:///LA3F 2015/02/03 10:34:28 Connecting to winmor:LA3F... 2015/02/03 10:34:33 Connected to WINMOR:LA3F RMS Trimode 220.127.116.11 Follo.SE Oslo. Pactor & Winmor Hybrid Gateway LA5NTA has 117 minutes remaining with LA3F [WL2K-18.104.22.168-B2FWIHJM$] Wien CMS via LA3F > >FF FC EM FOYNU8AKXX59 260 221 0 F> 68 1 proposal(s) received Accepting FOYNU8AKXX59 Receiving [//WL2K test til linux] [offset 0] >FF FQ Waiting for remote node to close the connection... > _
Gzip message compression has been added as an experimental B2F extension. The extension is implemented as a backwards compatible alternative to the ancient LZHUF compression.
This experiment is enabled by default and sessions between two Pat nodes (or other software supporting this B2F extension) will use gzip compression when transferring messages.
For more information, see https://github.com/la5nta/wl2k-go#gzip-experiment.
Copyright (c) 2014-2017 Martin Hebnes Pedersen LA5NTA
- DL1THM - Torsten Harenberg
- HB9GPA - Matthias Renner
- K0SWE - Chris Keller
- KD8DRX - Will Davidson
- KE8HMG - Andrew Huebner
- LA3QMA - Kai Günter Brandt
- LA4TTA - Erlend Grimseid
- LA5NTA - Martin Hebnes Pedersen
- W6IPA - JC Martin
The JNOS developers for the properly maintained lzhuf implementation, as well as the original author Haruyasu Yoshizaki.
The paclink-unix team (Nicholas S. Castellano N2QZ and others) - reference implementation
Amateur Radio Safety Foundation, Inc. - The Winlink 2000 project
F6FBB Jean-Paul ROUBELAT - the FBB forwarding protocol
Pat/wl2k-go is not affiliated with The Winlink Development Team nor the Winlink 2000 project [http://winlink.org].