Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
A few projects and people who use libarchive.
- libarchive was originally developed for FreeBSD; it was first released with FreeBSD 5.3 in November 2004.
- bsdtar is the default system tar starting with FreeBSD 6
- bsdcpio is the default system cpio starting with FreeBSD 8
- Kai Wang's "ar" is standard with FreeBSD 8
- Dag-Erling Smørgrav's "unzip" is standard with FreeBSD 8
- Package Managers
- Pacman package manager on Arch Linux uses libarchive
- XBPS package manager on Void Linux uses libarchive
- NetBSD's pkg_install package manager uses libarchive.
- CMake uses libarchive
- pkgutils from the CRUX distribution use libarchive
- The Paludis multi-format package manager for Gentoo and Exherbo uses libarchive
- Archiving tools and File Browsers
- The tarsnap service uses libarchive in its client software.
- Springy for Mac OS X uses libarchive to process TAR, PAX and CPIO archives.
- Nautilus file browser file-roller plugin uses libarchive
- The archivemount filesystem (part of FUSE) uses libarchive
- KDE's ark file browser uses libarchive for tar, deb, and ISO files.
- CARE — short for "Comprehensive Archiver for Reproducible Execution" — uses libarchive.
- ZIP Unpacker Component Extension uses libarchive in Chrome OS
- GVfs GNOME Virtual file system uses libarchive as one of its backends to access archive files
- Samba version 4.2 and higher uses libarchive in smbclient(1)
- Ports of libarchive, bsdtar, etc.
- Security Software
- yextend uses libarchive
- Other Software
- Hydrogen advanced drum machine uses libarchive
- libgepub GObject based library for handling and rendering epub documents uses libarchive
- libgxps GObject based library for handling and rendering XPS documents uses libarchive
- Nestopia UE Nintendo Entertainment System/Famicom emulator uses libarchive
- Osmo personal organizer for GTK+ version 0.2.12 and higher uses libarchive
- rdup utility to create a file list suitable for making backups uses libarchive
- Seafile open source cloud storage system uses libarchive
- Zeal offline documentation browser uses libarchive
Clone this wiki locally
Press h to open a hovercard with more details.