PhpStorm Magento 2 Plugin
- Go to
Settings > Preferencesin the PhpStorm IDE
- Navigate to
- Click the
Browse repositories...button and search for "Magento PhpStorm"
- Install the plugin and restart PhpStorm
- Go to
Settings > Preferences > Languages & Frameworks > PHP > Frameworks > Magentoin the PhpStorm IDE
Enableand click the
- PhpStorm >= 2020.3
- JRE >= 11
Navigate to configurationreference in scope of class/interface
Go to pluginreference in scope of class/interface and method
Navigate to Web API configurationreference in scope of class/interface and method
- Plugin class methods generation
- Plugin declaration inspection
- RequireJS reference navigation and completion
- MFTF reference navigation and completion
- GraphQL navigation line markers
- Code generation
- Inspections for XML configuration
Setting up development environment
- Check out this repository
- Open a folder with the project in the IntelliJ Ultimate using the
- Make sure that you on the latest develop branch (e.g
- Right-click on the
build.gradlefile, choose "Import Gradle project" (you need to have Gradle plugin installed)
- When the Gradle sections appeared in the right bar, navigate there and right-click
magento-2-php-storm-plugin > Tasks -> Intellij -> runIde
Run "magento-2-php-storm-plugin"to run the plugin. You should see a new instance of IntelliJ launched with the plugin installed. Make sure the plugin is enabled in IntelliJ settings and indexing is finished. Plugin features should be accessible at this point.
How to contribute
- Start with looking into Community Backlog. Any ticket in
Ready for Developmentand
Good First Issuecolumns are a good candidates to start.
- Didn't satisfy your requirements? Create a new issue. It can be for example:
- Bug report - Found a bug in the code? Let us know!
- Enhancement - Know how to improve existing functionality? Open an issue describe how to enhance the plugin.
- New feature proposal - Know how to make a killer feature? Do not hesitate to submit your proposal.
- The issue will appear in the
Ready for Groomingcolumn of the Community Backlog. Once it will be discussed and approved the issue will be ready for development.
- Refer to the Contributing Guide for more information on how to contribute.
Join the #phpstorm-plugin Slack channel to get more involved
Each Magento source file included in this distribution is licensed under OSL-3.0 license.