The master branch contains Weasis 2. The old branch is 1.2.x.
- Flexible integration to HIS or PHR (see weasis-pacs-connector)
- Web based distribution (embedded in a web page or launch from an external window)
- Desktop portable distribution (Windows, Mac OS X and Linux)
- Embedded DICOM viewer (portable distribution) in CD/DVD or other portable media
- Can be configured with very low memory footprint. Do not require recent hardware.
- Multi-language support
- Configuration of preferences on server-side and client-side
- API for building custom plug-ins
- Display all kinds of DICOM files (including multiframe, enhanced, MPEG-2, MPEG-4, MIME Encapsulation, SR, PR, KOS, ECG and AU)
- Viewer for common image formats (TIFF, BMP, FlashPiX, GIF, JPEG, PNG, and PNM)
- Image manipulation (pan, zoom, windowing, presets, rotation, flip, scroll, crosshair, filtering...)
- Optimal performance for handling large images since there is no need to load the whole image data in memory at once (Uncompressed images, tiled TIFF, tiled jpeg2000 and tiled FlashPiX).
- Layouts for comparing series or studies
- Advanced series synchronization options
- Display Presentation States (GSPS) and Key Object Selection
- Create key images (Key Object Selection object)
- Support of Modality LUTs and VOI LUTs (even non-linear)
- Support of several screens, full-screen mode.
- Multiplanar reconstructions and Maximum Intensity Projection
- Display Structured Reports
- Display cross-lines
- Measurement and annotation tools
- SUV measurement
- Region statistics of pixels (Min, Max, Mean, StDev, Skewness, Kurtosis)
- Save measurements and annotations
- Import CD/DVD and local DICOM files
- Export DICOM with several options (DICOMDIR, ZIP, Anonymized, ISO image file with Weasis, TIFF, JPEG, PNG, HTML...)
- Magnifier glass
- Native and DICOM printing