PISM, a Parallel Ice Sheet Model
The Parallel Ice Sheet Model is an open source, parallel, high-resolution ice sheet model:
- hierarchy of available stress balances
- marine ice sheet physics, dynamic calving fronts
- polythermal, enthalpy-based conservation of energy scheme
- extensible coupling to atmospheric and ocean models
- verification and validation tools
- complete documentation for users and developers
- uses MPI and PETSc for parallel simulations
- reads and writes CF-compliant NetCDF files
PISM is jointly developed at the University of Alaska, Fairbanks (UAF) and the Potsdam Institute for Climate Impact Research (PIK). UAF developers are based in the Glaciers Group at the Geophysical Institute.
Download and Install
See the INSTALL.md file in this directory.
Want to contribute? Great! See Committing to PISM.