POrtable COmponents C++ Libraries are:
- A collection of C++ class libraries, conceptually similar to the Java Class Library, the .NET Framework or Apple’s Cocoa.
- Focused on solutions to frequently-encountered practical problems.
- Focused on ‘internet-age’ network-centric applications.
- Written in efficient, modern, 100% ANSI/ISO Standard C++.
- Based on and complementing the C++ Standard Library/STL.
- Highly portable and available on many different platforms, from embedded to server.
- Open Source, licensed under the Boost Software License.
Please see CONTRIBUTING for submitting contributions, bugs reports, feature requests or security issues.
In regards to Boost, in spite of some functional overlapping, POCO is best thought of as a Boost complement (rather than replacement). Side-by-side use of Boost and POCO is a very common occurrence.