An open source content management system for Rails 4.2+
More information at http://refinerycms.com
You can chat with us using Gitter:
⚠️Warning: ImageMagick currently has a serious security vulnerability, CVE-2016–3714. After installing, you must disable certain features in ImageMagick's policy configuration. Please see the following for details:
- Mac OS X users should use homebrew's
brew install imagemagickor the magick-installer.
If you're new to Refinery, start with this guide:
If you want to use Rails 4.2.x with Refinery now, install using this template:
rails new app_name -m http://refinerycms.com/t/edge
What's it good at?
Refinery is great for sites where the client needs to be able to update their website themselves without being bombarded with anything too complicated.
Unlike other content managers, Refinery is truly aimed at the end user making it easy for them to pick up and make changes themselves.
- Easily customise the look to suit the business.
- Extend with custom extensions to do anything Refinery doesn't do out of the box.
- Sticks to "the Rails way" as much as possible; we don't force you to learn new templating languages.
Wanna see Refinery for yourself? Try the demo.
Help and Documentation
- Getting Started
- Google Group Discussion
- IRC Channel
- Gitter chat
- GitHub repository
- Developer/API documentation
- Twitter Account
- Easily edit and manage pages with a visual editor.
- Manage your site's structure.
Images & Files
- Easily upload and insert images.
- Upload and link to resources such as PDF documents.
- Uses the popular Dragonfly.
- Supports storage on Amazon S3.
Authentication & Users
- Manage who can access Refinery.
- Control which extensions each user has access to.
- Uses the popular Devise.
Extend Refinery easily by running the Refinery extension generator. For help run the command without any options:
rails generate refinery:engine
- Blog - A simple blogging extension that supports posts, categories and comments with optional moderation support.
- Portfolio - manage groups of images like an image gallery.
- News - post and manage news items.
- Inquiries - simple contact form that notifies you and customer when an inquiry is made.
Example Site Showcase
Refinery is released under the MIT license. See the license.md file for details.
Many of the icons used in Refinery CMS are from the wonderful Silk library by Mark James.