what is pythonocc?
pythonocc is a python library whose purpose is to provide 3D modeling features. It is intended to developers who aim at developing CAD/PDM/PLM applications.
Latest release : pythonocc-core 0.17.2 (january 2017)
How to quicky download/install binaries ?
pythonocc provides precompiled conda packages (they depend on third part libraries made available from the dlr-sc conda repository). This will get you up and running in minutes whether you run win32/win64/linux64/osx64:
# install pythonocc in an environment named `pythonocc` with python 3.5; use python=2 for legacy python 2.7.12 conda create -n pythonocc -c pythonocc -c dlr-sc pythonocc-core==0.17.2 python=3
Nightly builds are available from another repository. If you want to test features under development that have not been released yet:
conda install -c tpaviot -c dlr-sc pythonocc-core==nightly
How to compile ?
You can of course build pythonocc-core by your own. Read the INSTALL.md instructions.
We use the following online resources:
- Homepage http://www.pythonocc.org
- Sources https://github.com/tpaviot/pythonocc-core
- API documentation http://api.pythonocc.org
- Bug tracker https://github.com/tpaviot/pythonocc-core/issues
- Mailing list http://groups.google.com/group/pythonocc/about
- Appveyor https://ci.appveyor.com/project/tpaviot/pythonocc-core
- Travic-CI https://travis-ci.org/tpaviot/pythonocc-core
- Twitter https://twitter.com/pythonocc
- Anaconda cloud repository for official releases https://anaconda.org/pythonocc
- Anaconda cloud repository for nightly builds https://anaconda.org/tpaviot/pythonocc-core
how do oce and pythonocc relate?
The basis of pythonocc is python wrapper for the oce C++ library / CAD kernel, aka pythonocc-core. pythonocc-core version number correspond to oce library releases its wrapping.
For example; the current pythonocc-core release, 0.17.2, requires any of the OCE 0.17.x releases. Here, the Major version name of either OCE or pythonocc-core release is 0, the Minor version is 17 and the Patch version is (optionally) x. pythonocc-core can be built with any OCE version that has a corresponding Major and Minor version number. For example, pythonocc-core 0.17 can be built with OCE-0.17.1.
You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU Lesser General Public License version 3 as published by the Free Software Foundation.