Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 31 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The WPWG FTF meeting during TPAC 2018.
Advance core payment request, payment method identifiers specifications to PR
- Review steps to Rec and review blockers
- Leave TPAC with a clear short timeline to call for consensus on PR with ownership on action items
Advance payment handler specification to CR
- Review steps to Rec and review blockers to CR
- NTR comment: likely much more open debate. Implementations only just coming through
- Leave TPAC with a clear short timeline to call for consensus on CR
Assess and promote group health
- New joiners up to speed and able to contribute (meeting protocol, familiarity with specifications, who is who)
- Group consensus comfortable with direction and progress
- Major issues called out, discusses, and leadership/ownership to resolution agree ("who is going to help us fix this?")
- Broader engagement (how to gain contributions from more of the group)
Share progress on newer work and invite comment and review
- Authentication and 3DS
Foster industry adoption
- Clear goals and roadmap to moving ecosystem to using the standard
- OR understand blockers and face into them (features? implementations? missing ecosystem players)
- 8:30-9:00 Get settled, laptop setup. Please review: Antitrust and Competition Guidance
- 9:00-9:30 Chair welcome, review meeting objectives, success criteria, administrativa (e.g., dinner count), use of breakouts. (NickTR)
- 9:30-10:30 Payment Request API Update (Marcos)
- Status of features discussed in Singapore
- Implementation report
- Firefox demo (Marcos)
- Drop supportedTypes? Can merchants use retry() after a hard decline of the card (because it is, say, credit rather than debit)?
- What does canMakePayment mean?
- Readiness to request to advance to Proposed Recommendation. Do we need a new Call for Implementations first if substantive changes?
- 10:30-11:00 Coffee break
- 11:00-12:00 Payment Handler API (Ian and Rouslan). Payment handler update slides
- 12:00-13:00 European Payments
- 13:00-14:00 Lunch
- 14:00-15:00 Card Payment Security (Jonathan Grossar)
- 15:00-15:30 Coffee
- 15:30-17:30 Breakout session (Salon Lumière, Level -1 - Lumière)
- Candidate: canMakePayments() alignment
- Candidate: More on payments in Europe
- Candidate: Deeper dive on card payment security / EMVCo SRC and how we should organize moving forward.
- 17:30-17:45 Recap of breakouts; agenda updates for tomorrow
- 19:30 Cafe des Fédérations. 8-9-10 rue Major Martin, Lyon
9:00-9:15 Agenda updates. Group photo.
9:15-10:30 Risk Analysis and the Web (with the Web Authentication WG). (Ian)
- Payment Risk Analysis on the Web slides
- Questions for clarification: will WebAuthN have access to same authenticators as native apps? Are there any compatiblity restrictions envisioned?
11:00-12:00 Merchant and User Adoption (NickTR)
- Shopify's experiment and findings + slides (Krystian)
- Visual identity task force update slides (Ian)
- See draft deployment FAQ. (Ian) Based on GitHub thread kicked off by Verizon about managing branded buttons according to platforms (versus rate limiting). See also proposal re: browser-generated buttons and more ideas from Shopify.
- Chairs and Team Contact seeking volunteers to help with general introductory material (about Web payments, how to contribute, status information). (As part of this effort, we are considering an update to Web Payments Overview but also welcome a broader discussion.)
12:00-13:00 Exploratory topics
14:00-15:00 Breakout session including coffee at 15:00 (Salon Lumière, Level -1 - Lumière)
- Candidate: I18N WG discussion of string language and direction. Replacement for languageCode?
- Candidate: What areas of the world should we be looking at for adoption (e.g., China, India)?
- Candidate: User experience needs for PR API deployment (continuation of the adoption topic)
- Candidate: Bank payments and payment handlers
- Candidate: PR API version 2 features
- Enhance basic card to allow merchant to selectively exclude data in response? See issue 97. This may be a general requirement, but we can start in a revision of Basic Card.
- Cart images, primary/secondary label. See issue 761
- Vat ID
- Split tender.
- Discount codes. See issue 145
- Refactoring of the APIs?
- Candidate: Exploratory topics follow-up?
- Candidate: Group ways of working
15:00-16:00 Tokenisation next steps in plenary
- Review of priorities (see priorities from May 2018)
- Where to contribute (e.g., payment handler prototypes, card security prototypes, web authentication prototypes)
- Any new or closed task forces