This repository is not maintained anymore, maintenance has moved to https://github.com/fcamblor/voxxrin
Voxxr.in is a tool to bring interactivity to your talks, training, meetings, you name it!
Sources are organized in modules:
- voxxr-web is the main module, containing both
- the main server part (in src/main/java), sometimes called agenda service or schedule service, developed in Java running on Google App Engine for Java.
- the client in web folder, with:
- m.html the main client web app (also packaged as an app with phonegap)
- d.html a dashboard component
- p.html a poll result component
- voxxr-room is the module with the real time room service, developped in Java using atmosphere and cassandra There are also scripts to deploy it on ovh public cloud service
- voxxr-home-j is the source of the front web server serving http://voxxr.in/ hosted on GAE, nothing fancy here
- voxxr-devoxx-crawler is the module which allow to crawl the devoxx rest API and feed the agenda it (for Devoxx France schedule at the time being). It is using node.js and can be deployed on heroku
- voxxr-droid is the module which allow to package the app as an android app, thanks to phonegap
- voxxr-ios is the same for ios
- voxxr-prez is the source of the presentation for which Voxxr.in was originally developped by Xavier Hanin. This presentation heavily relies on impressjs and a good browser in general (tested mainly on chrome). This presentation embeds both the actual presentation and the structure to embed a dashboard, poll results and commands in an html5 presentation. In the future the structure should be extracted from the presentation content to be easily reusable with other presentations.
Unless otherwise noted (especially for dependencies), this source code is dually licensed with MIT and GPL licenses.
This project was originally developped as a toy project, no intent to have clean code, so you can expect rough edges.
The best way to develop on Voxxr.in is to use IntelliJ IDEA, which has excellent Java and HTML/CSS/JS support. IDEA metadata are currently commited here which should help to import it, though you may still have problems with some hardcoded paths (pull requests welcomed!). You will need the IvyIDEA plugin in IntelliJ to resolve the dependencies.
For client only development you don't even need an IDE if you don't want: edit the html / less / js they will by default access server on http://app.voxxr.in .
In voxxr-web there is a watch.js that you can run with "node watch.js" to automatically recompile the less file into a regular css.
Please note that some (many?) dependencies (especially js) used here have been forked and slightly patched, without using a real github fork :(
Check the file history to see what has changed compared to the original version.