ElasticPress 1.9 adds in an admin UI, where you can set your Elasticsearch Host and run your index commands, without needing to us WP-CLI. Version 1.9 also adds in some performance improvements to reduce memory consumption during indexing. Full list of enhancements and bug fixes:
- Add in an Admin GUI to handle indexing. Props ChrisWiegman.
- Add option to not disable ElasticPress while indexing. Props lukaspawlik.
- Allow filtering of which post types we want to search for. Props rossluebe.
composer.lockfrom the repo. Props ChrisWiegman.
- Ensure both PHPUnit and WP-CLI are available in the development environment. Props ChrisWiegman.
- User lower-case for our composer name, so packagist can find us. Props johnpbloch.
queryto determine status. Props ChrisWiegman.
- Improve memory usage during indexing and fix unnecessary cache flushes. Props cmmarslender.
- Further reduce memory usage during indexing. Props lukaspawlik.
post__not_indocumentation. Props mgibbs189.
- Add Elasticsearch Shield authentication headers if constant is set. Props rveitch.