Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
The swarm merging feature allows you to download the same file using multiple torrents. This give you two important benefits:
- This typically results in faster downloads.
- When one torrent is incomplete and has no seeds, you can finish the file with the second torrent, and be the hero that provides the final pieces to the swarm with the incomplete torrent. BiglyBT will also prioritize pieces that are missing from either swarm for faster healing.
- Swarm Merge Column. This displays the number of bytes you've merged from the other torrent. The tooltip will list the files it is merging
- You will receive notifications in the bottom right corner of BiglyBT when a file is successfully merged or when a merge has failed.
- Configuration is visible in Advanced mode in Tools->Options->Files. From there you can turn on or off Swarm Merging (default is on), as well as whether you want BiglyBT to complete all torrents with the same file, instead of just one (default is just one). Enabling this lets you seed an incomplete torrent swarm from a completed torrent.
- You will end up having multiple copies of the same file.
- File matching is based only on size. This could result in mismatches. Swarm Merging will fail in this case and report the issue.
Finding Torrents with the Same File
- With Swarm Discoveries, you can open the context menu on a file you wish to find duplicates of, and choose "Swarm Discoveries: File Size"
- Per torrent chat will display messages when other users in the swarm have found matching files.