- Used to apply fullscreen image effects to camera (or other source/destination) using a shader/material.
- Tested with 2021.2.5f1 / URP v12.1.2. Should still work with older versions, otherwise see branches for 2019-2021.1 version.
- Note : Unity/URP 2022.2+ now has a Fullscreen Graph and built-in Fullscreen Pass Renderer Feature which essentially replaces this feature when blitting using camera targets. (But if you want more injection points and different destinations see the 2022.1 branch)
- This version uses CommandBuffer.Blit so will not work in Single-Pass Instanced VR. Try using cmd-DrawMesh version instead.
- Install via Package Manager → Add package via git URL :
- Alternatively, download and put the folder in your Assets
- Adds "Blit" option to Renderer Features list on Forward/Universal asset (and 2D Renderer if in 2021.2+)
- The shader/material used should sample
_MainTexto obtain source. Will work with Shader Graphs too (as long as you set the texture Reference in the Blackboard / Node Settings)
- Feature allows specific access to selecting the source and destination targets (via Camera, TextureID or Render Texture object)
- Some usage examples :
- Could be used with Camera for both source/destination to apply an shader/material as an image effect / post process
- Could be used to copy the camera source to a TextureID. Similar to what the Opaque Texture / Scene Color does. (When TextureID is used in destination it automatically creates a Temporary Render Texture, and should also set it as a global texture so it can be obtained in shaders rendered later. May want to avoid using IDs that already exist)
- Could be used with Render Texture object source (rendered by a second camera) and Camera destination to apply it to the Main Camera
- Option to set an
_InverseViewmatrix (cameraToWorldMatrix), for shaders that might need it to handle calculations from screen space to world. For example, reconstructing world position from depth, see : https://twitter.com/Cyanilux/status/1269353975058501636
- (2020.2/v10+) Enabling generation of DepthNormals