BlackHole Virtual Audio Driver v0.2
BlackHole is a modern MacOS virtual audio driver that allows applications to pass audio to other applications with zero additional latency.
- Supports 16 audio channels.
- Customizable to 256+ channels if you think your computer can handle it.
- Supports 44.1kHz, 48kHz, 88.2kHz, 96kHz, 176.4kHz, and 192kHz sample rates.
- No additional driver latency.
- Works on macOS 10.10+ including macOS 10.15 Catalina
Easy Installation Instructions
- Download BlackHole.vx.x.x.pkg
- Close all running audio applications
- Right-click on package and select open
- Open and install package
- Restart Computer (Catalina Only)
Record System Audio
- Open Audio MIDI Setup
- Right-click on "BlackHole" and select "Use This Device For Sound Output"
- Open DAW and set input device to "BlackHole"
- Set track to input from channel 1-2
- Play audio from another application and monitor or record in your DAW.
Route Audio Between Applications
- Set output driver to "BlackHole" in sending application
- Output audio to any channel
- Open receiving application and set input device to "BlackHole"
- Input audio from the corresponding output channels
Advanced Installation Instruction
- Build driver in Xcode
- Copy BlackHole.driver to "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL"
- Restart CoreAudio with terminal command "sudo killall coreaudiod"
- In "BlackHole.h" change "NUMBER_OF_CHANNELS" to the desired number of channels.
- Follow Build Installation instructions
- Delete BlackHole.driver from "/Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/HAL"
- Restart computer or restart CoreAudio with terminal command "sudo killall coreaudiod"