Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
How To Send All My BTC From One Address
When sending Bitcoins the transaction cost is recalculated based on the amount of BTC you are trying to send. This can cause a little bit of difficulty when trying to send your entire BTC balance as the transaction cost will appear to be constantly moving.
To overcome this issue you can use the custom fee option on the send page. To determine the appropriate fee to use follow the following instructions:
- Login and goto the send page.
- Choose bitcoin as the coin to send and select your sending address.
- Enter a destination address and for the amount to send enter your entire available/displayed balance (ignore miner fee for a moment).
- Click the re-estimate button at the bottom to update the estimated miner fee.
- Click the pencil icon next to the Transaction Cost and select either normal/fast/faster as desired and copy the amount shown for the estimated miner fee.
- Choose the custom miner fee and paste in the amount you copied from step 5.
- Save and go back now subtract the miner fee (same amount from step 5) from the total amount of BTC being sent in order for the transaction to take place.
- The form may ask you to recalculate again but that's ok, it should still use your custom fee.
- Review that everything still checks out and proceed with your send if you are ready.