Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 28 million developers.Sign up
- #800 Could not register successfully in ejabberd 17.01
- #949 Don't flash the roster contacts filter (i.e. hide by default)
- #951 Duplicate messages received in an MUC chat room.
- #953 MUC "Features" displayed when exiting configuration
- #967 Rooms list doesn't show when the server doesn't support bookmarks
- Don't require
truewhen using the API to log in.
- Moment locale wasn't being set to the value passed via the
- In the chat heading, two avatars sometimes get rendered.
- Refetch the roster from the server after reconnection.
From the perspective of the XMPP server, this is an entirely new login,
and therefore as per RFC-6121
the roster SHOULD be queried, making the client an "interested resource".
Otherwise connected contacts might not get your presence updates.
- The way the archive ID of a MAM message is specified, has changed.
- Fixed error building DOM toggle_chats.html span.unread-message-count class attribute
- Bugfix. In a MUC the
/helpcommand didn't render properly.
/voiceMUC command didn't set the right role in order to grant voice again.
- Emojis are now sent in unicode instead of short names
- #314 Add support for opening chat rooms with a URL fragment such as
and private chats with a URL fragment such as
- #828 Add routing for the
fragments, which will render the registration and login forms respectively.
- New configuration setting view_mode
This removes the need for separate
builds. Instead the
converse.jsbuild is now used with
- Fetch VCard when starting a chat with someone not in the user's roster.
- Show status messages in an MUC room when a user's role changes.
- In MUC chat rooms, collapse multiple, consecutive join/leave messages.
- Performance improvements for rendering private chats, rooms and the contacts roster.
- MUC Leave/Join messages now also show a new day indicator if applicable.
- New API method
_converse.disco.supportsto check whether a certain
service discovery feature is supported by an entity.
- New API method
_converse.api.vcard.getwhich fetches the VCard for a
hide_open_bookmarksis now by default
- #984 Improve loading of archived messages via "infinite scroll"
- Use CSS3 fade transitions to render various elements.
Registrationtabs and consolidate into one panel.
- Show validation error messages on the login form.
- Don't hang indefinitely and provide nicer error messages when a connection
can't be established.
- Consolidate error and validation reporting on the registration form.
- Don't close the emojis panel after inserting an emoji.
- Focus the message textarea when the emojis panel is opened or closed.
- MUC chatroom occupants are now sorted alphabetically and according to their roles.
- Converse.js now includes a Virtual DOM
via backbone.vdomview and uses
it to render various views.
- Converse.js no longer includes all the translations in its build. Instead,
only the currently relevant translation is requested. This results in a much
smaller filesize but means that the translations you want to provide need to
be available. See the locales_url
configuration setting for more info.
- The translation machinery has now been moved to a separate module in
- jQuery has been completely removed as a dependency (still used in tests though).