Flask App Builder
Simple and rapid application development framework, built on top of Flask. includes detailed security, auto CRUD generation for your models, google charts and much more.
Extensive configuration of all functionality, easily integrate with normal Flask/Jinja2 development.
Take a look at installation, quick how to tutorials, API reference etc: Documentation
BREAKING CHANGES relative to 1.8.1 when using OAUTH authentication method.
If you're already using F.A.B. read carefully the migration procedures.
Also read the Versions for further detail on what changed.
Fixes, Bugs and contributions
You're welcome to report bugs, propose new features, or even better contribute to this project.
The tests can be run locally (provided Docker and Docker-Compose are installed) by running docker-compose run --rm test
Or, if you have mongodb and the requirements installed locally- setup.py test
Projects using FAB
If you would like to share your projects and join the list, just send me the link.
- SQLAlchemy, multiple database support: sqlite, MySQL, ORACLE, MSSQL, DB2 etc.
- Partial support for MongoDB using MongoEngine.
- Multiple database connections support (Vertical partitioning).
- Easy mixin audit to models (created/changed by user, and timestamps).
- Automatic permissions lookup, based on exposed methods. It will grant all permissions to the Admin Role.
- Inserts on the Database all the detailed permissions possible on your application.
- Public (no authentication needed) and Private permissions.
- Role based permissions.
- Authentication support for OAuth, OpenID, Database, LDAP and REMOTE_USER environ var.
- Support for self user registration.
- Views and Widgets
- Automatic menu generation.
- Automatic CRUD generation.
- Multiple actions on db records.
- Big variety of filters for your lists.
- Various view widgets: lists, master-detail, list of thumbnails etc
- Select2, Datepicker, DateTimePicker
- Related Select2 fields.
- Google charts with automatic group by or direct values and filters.
- AddOn system, write your own and contribute.
- Automatic, Add, Edit and Show from Database Models
- Labels and descriptions for each field.
- Automatic base validators from model's definition.
- Custom validators, extra fields, custom filters for related dropdown lists.
- Image and File support for upload and database field association. It will handle everything for you.
- Field sets for Form's (Django style).
- Support for multi-language via Babel
- Bootstrap 3.1.1 CSS and js, with Select2 and DatePicker
- Font-Awesome icons, for menu icons and actions.
Login page (with AUTH_DB)
Login page (with AUTH_OAUTH)
List contacts example
List Group example with search
Group by pie chart
Direct time chart
Group by time chart