Clone this wiki locally
On this page we collect links worth reading or reputed worth reading. Everybody may add interesting content, that is not necessarily referenceable, but provides some information around Network Science, Information Visualization and Programming to the reader.
Most books are available in our Amazon Store.
- Networked: Exploring the weblike structures that underlie everything from friendship to cellular behavior. link.
- Networks, Crowds, and Markets: Reasoning About a Highly Connected World, David Easley and Jon Kleinberg. link.
- Bursts: The Hidden Pattern Behind Everything We Do, Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. buy.
- Linked: How Everything Is Connected to Everything Else and What It Means, Albert-Laszlo Barabasi. buy.
- Six Degrees: The Science of a Connected Age, Duncan J. Watts. buy.
- Nexus: Small Worlds and the Groundbreaking Theory of Networks, Mark Buchanan. buy.
- Emergence: The Connected Lives of Ants, Brains, Cities, and Software, Steven Johnson. buy.
- Graph analysis tutorial, Mary McGlohon. PDF.
- Network Science, Katy Börner. PDF.
- The Structure and Dynamics of Networks, Mark Newman, Albert-Laszlo Barabasi, Duncan J. Watts. buy.
- Dynamical Processes on Complex Networks, Alessandro Vespignani, Alain Barrat, Marc Barthelemy. buy.
- Large Scale Structure and Dynamics of Complex Networks: From Information Technology to Finance and Natural Science, Guido Caldarelli. buy.
Social Network Analysis
- Community detection in graphs, Santo Fortunato. PDF.
- Analyzing Social Media Networks with Microsoft NodeXL: Insights from a Connected World, Derek Hansen, Ben Shneiderman, Marc Smith. buy.
Exploratory Data Analysis
- Exploratory Data Analysis, John Tukey. buy.
- Exploratory Analysis of Spatial and Temporal Data: A Systematic Approach, Natalia Andrienko, Gennady Andrienko. buy.
- Computational Information Design, Ben Fry. link.
- Brath, R., & Jonker, D. (2015). Graph analysis and visualization: Discovering business opportunity in linked data. Wiley.
- Readings in Information Visualization: Using Vision to Think, Stuart Card. buy.
- Now You See It: Simple Visualization Techniques for Quantitative Analysis, Stephen Few. buy.
- Beautiful Evidence, Edward R. Tufte. buy.
- Visualizing Data: Exploring and Explaining Data with the Processing Environment, Ben Fry. buy.
- Interface Culture: How the Digital Medium--from Windows to the Web--Changes the way We Write, Speak, Stephen Johnson. buy.
- Human Centered Design Toolkit. link.
- Atlas of Science: visualizing what we know, Katy Börner. buy.
- Atlas of Cyberspace, Rob Kitchin, Martin Dodge. buy.
Free/Libre Open Source Softwares (FLOSS)
- The Open Source Way. link.
- Eric S. Raymond. The cathedral and the bazaar. Essay, 1997. link.
- D. Katz: Getting Your Open Source Project to 1.0. link.
- Practical API Design: Confessions of a Java Framework Architect, Jaroslav Tulach. buy.
- Effective Java (2nd Edition), Joshua Bloch. buy.
- How to Design a Good API and Why it Matters, Joshua Bloch. link.
- Java Concurrency in Practice, Brian Goetz, Tim Peierls, Joshua Bloch, Joseph Bowbeer, David Holmes, Doug Lea. buy.
- The Definitive Guide to NetBeans™ Platform, Heiko Boeck. buy.
- W. Stevens, G. Myers, L. Constantine, "Structured Design", IBM Systems Journal, 13 (2), 115-139, 1974
- Maurice Herlihy. Multiprocessor Synchronization and Concurrent Data Structures. Morgan-Kaufman, 2006
- Andy Hunt and Dave Thomas. Pragmatic Unit Testing in Java with JUnit. Pragmatic Bookshelf, 2003. buy.
- Ralph E. Johnson. Designing reusable classes. Journal of Object-Oriented Programming, 1988
- Trygve M. H. Reenskaug. The common sense of object orientated programming, 2008