- Can I test GitBucket actually before installation?
- What's default root username and password?
- What's limitation of password?
- Docker image?
- "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0" Error?
gitbucket-gist-plugindoesn't work after upgrading to GitBucket 4.x
- How to upgrade GitBucket?
- How to backup GitBucket data?
- How to contribute to GitBucket?
1. Can I test GitBucket actually before installation?
There are 2 online installations that demo GitBucket capabilities:
Official demo site: https://gitbucket.herokuapp.com/
This online demo site contains only the official GitBucket plugins. Login with
Community demo site: https://gitbucket-community.herokuapp.com/
This demo site contains mostly all known plugins ; i.e. the official ones + the ones delivered by the GitBucket community. Same login.
2. What's default root username and password?
root / root
3. What's limitation of password?
GitBucket has a limitation of password as below.
- Use alphanumeric character, "-", "_" and "."
If you use more strong password, GitBucket suggests to use external authorization system like LDAP.
4. Docker image?
See https://github.com/gitbucket/gitbucket/wiki/Docker for more details.
5. "Unsupported major.minor version 52.0" Error?
GitBucket requires Java8 or higher.
Upgrade your Java installation if you get the following exception:
Exception in thread "main" java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: org/eclipse/jetty/server/Handler : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0 at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass1(Native Method) at java.lang.ClassLoader.defineClass(ClassLoader.java:800) at java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:142) at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:449) ...
gitbucket-gist-plugin doesn't work after upgrading to GitBucket 4.x
If you had used gitbucket-gist-plugin with GitBucket 3.x, it does not work after upgrading to GitBucket 4.x. Solution is below:
UPDATE VERSIONS SET VERSION='2.0.0' WHERE MODULE_ID='gist';
- restart GitBucket
- can open snippets page
SELECT VERSION FROM VERSIONS WHERE MODULE_ID='gist'->
See Connect to H2 database to know how to execute SQL on the GitBucket database.
7. How to upgrade GitBucket?
See the Installation section of README.
We strongly recommend to backup your data before upgrade GitBucket.
8. How to backup GitBucket data?
Basically, you can backup GitBucket data by copying
GITBUCKET_HOME directory (
~/.gitbucket in default) to the other place after stopping GitBucket.
See Backup also to check advanced topics about backup.
9. How to contribute to GitBucket?
You can help the project in many different ways:
- we need readers to comment/correct/translate in good English the existing documentation/FAQ/wiki
- we need help to write more documentation either in GitBucket main documentation, wiki or FAQ.
- we need help to consume/answer issues. If you know any answer to some issues, please help us answering them.
- when contributing, please follow our contributing guidelines and respect the templates when creating issues and pull-request