Be notified of new releases
Create your free GitHub account today to subscribe to this repository for new releases and build software alongside 50 million developers.Sign up
- Change location providers to allow updates. GeoClue and CoreLocation now provide continuous location updates.
- Allow time-based configuration i.e. setting the redness effect based on time of day instead of based on the elevation of the sun. See the man page for more information.
- Now looks for the configuration file in
$XDG_CONFIG_HOMEis set. The old location at
~/.config/redshift.confis deprecated but still searched as a fall back.
- Run hooks when enabling/disabling Redshift.
- Default temperatures changed to 6500K during daytime and 4500K during night.
randr, allow multiple but not all CRTCs to be redshifted.
- Removes deprecated original GeoClue location provider (use GeoClue 2 instead).
- The option for enabling the short fade between color effects is now called
transitionin the configuration file. The term transition caused a lot of confusion about what this option does (the old option still works but is deprecated).
preserveoption is enabled by default for
randr, Windows (
w32gdi) and macOS (
quartz). The option is now controlled by the
-Pcommand line option.
- Work around issue where Windows adjustments sometimes fail.
- Install AppArmor profile.
- quartz: Fix incorrect use of display identifier.
- Various bug fixes and updated translations.
- Add option
preservefor gamma adjustment methods (
w32gdi) to apply redness on top of current gamma correction.
- Fix #158: Add redshift.desktop file to resolve an issue where Geoclue2 would not allow redshift to obtain the current location (Laurent Bigonville)
- Fix #263: Make sure that the child process is terminated when redshift-gtk exits.
- Fix #284: A sample configuation file has been added to the distribution tarball.
- Fix warning message in redshift-gtk that is some cases caused redshift-gtk to fail (#271) (Christian Stadelmann, Javier Cantero)
- Fix #174: Use nanosleep() for sleeping to avoid high CPU load on platforms (NetBSD, ...) with limitations in usleep() (Piotr Meyer)
- Various updates to man page and translations.
- Fix #80: Add Geoclue2 location provider.
- Add CoreLocation (OSX) location provider and Quartz (OSX) gamma
- Add hooks for user actions on period switch.
- Be less verbose when color values/period did not change.
- Add config setting to set gamma separately for day/night.
- Add support for custom transition start and end elevation (Mattias
- redshift-gtk: Show errors from child process in a dialog.
- Fix #95: Add AppData file for package managers.
- Use gettimeofday if POSIX timers not available (add support for
- Fix #41: Do not jump to 0 % or 100 % when changing direction of
transition (Mattias Andrée).
- redshift-gtk: Relay USR1 signal to redshift process.
- redshift-gtk: Notify desktop about startup completion.
- Fix: systemd unit files were built from the wrong source.
- Fix #90: Print N/S and E/W in the location (Mattias Andrée).
- Fix #112: redshift-gtk: Do not buffer lines from child indefinitely.
- Fix #105: Limit decimals in displayed location to two.
- Update dependencies listed in HACKING.md (emilf, Kees Hink).
- Fix: Make desktop file translatable.
- Add Travis CI build script.
- Fix: Do not distribute redshift-gtk, only redshift-gtk.in.
- Fix: Geoclue support should pull in Glib as dependency.
- geoclue: Fix segfault when error is NULL (Mattias Andrée).
- geoclue: Set DISPLAY=:0 to work around issue when outside X (Mattias Andrée).
- redshift-gtk: Fix crash when toggling state using the status icon.
- redshift-gtk: Fix line splitting logic (Maks Verver).
- Use improved color scheme provided by Ingo Thies.
- Add drm driver which will apply adjustments on linux consoles (Mattias Andrée).
- Remove deprecated GNOME clock location provider.
- Set proc title for redshift-gtk (Linux/BSD) (Philipp Hagemeister).
- Show current temperature, location and status in GUI.
- Add systemd user unit files so that redshift can be used with systemd as a session manager (Henry de Valence).
- Use checkbox to toggle Redshift in GUI (Mattias Andrée).
- Gamma correction is applied after brightness and temperature (Mattias Andrée).
- Use XDG Base Directory Specification when looking for configuration file (Mattias Andrée).
- Load config from
%LOCALAPPDATA%\redshift.confon Windows (TingPing).
- Add RPM spec for Fedora in contrib.
- redshift-gtk has been ported to Python3 and new PyGObject bindings for Python.
- IMPORTANT: gtk-redshift has changed name to redshift-gtk.
- Fix crash when starting geoclue provider. (Thanks to Maks Verver)
- Fix slight flicker int gamme ramp values (Sean Hildebrand)
- Add redshift-gtk option to suspend for a short time period (Jendrik Seipp).
- Add print mode (prints parameters and exits) by Vincent Breitmoser.
- Set buffering on stdout and stderr to line-buffered.
- Allow separate brightness for day and night (Olivier Fabre and Jeremy Erickson).
- Fix various crashes/bugs/typos (Benjamin Kerensa and others)