Clone this wiki locally
You have just landed at the Kivy wiki, a collection of useful information for this awesome open source cross-platform Python framework!
- The Kivy Website: For the official documentation, latest downloads and user guides.
- Talks and Tutorials: Introductory videos and learning material.
- Setting up Kivy with various popular IDE's: Setting up your Kivy development environment
- Snippets: Collection of useful code snippets for common tasks. (point to what's on existing wiki home)
- Kivy Blogs and Blog Posts: Blog posts about Kivy by Kivy users from around the world
- Profiling your Kivy application: Learn to optimize and tweak you Kivy app
- The Kivy Garden: A collection of Kivy widgets from the community
- KivEnt: an Entity Based Game Engine for Kivy by Kovak
- Plyer: a platform-independant api to use features commonly found on various platforms, notably mobile ones ()
- Pyjnius: a Python module to access Java class as Python class, using JNI.
- Pyobjus: a Python module to access Objective-C class as Python class, using Objective-C runtime reflection
- Knappdor on github: For Facebook/Twitter on Android, native Android dialogs and Toast, billing examples and more
At Kivy, we love code and coders, so we want to help you. Feel free to ask questions, make comments or join us for a chat. All we ask is that you be nice, and follow our "asking for help guidelines".
- The Kivy Users Forum: Questions and answers for everyone
- The Kivy Developers Forum: For devs wanting to discuss the Kivy framework development
- IRC: Join us at #Kivy on irc.freenode.net (IRC Guidelines)
- List of Kivy Projects: Projects that were created using Kivy
- Kivy Artwork - A small collection of Kivy Logo's and wallpapers.
The information here is not exhaustive but provides a brief overview of the Kivy landscape. If you know of any other good resources that should be added, please let us know! Oh, and enjoy Kivy!