Clone this wiki locally
You have just landed at the Kivy wiki, a collection of useful information for this awesome open source cross-platform Python framework!
- The Kivy Website: For the official documentation, latest downloads and user guides.
- Talks and Tutorials: Introductory videos and learning material.
- Setting up Kivy with various popular IDE's: Setting up your Kivy development environment
- Snippets: Collection of useful code snippets for common tasks.
- Kivy Blogs and Blog Posts: Blog posts about Kivy by Kivy users from around the world
- Profiling your Kivy application: Learn to optimize and tweak your Kivy app
- The Kivy Garden: A collection of Kivy widgets from the community
- Kivy projects: All Kivy related projects
- KivEnt: an Entity Based Game Engine for Kivy by Kovak
- Tile-Based Maps & Movement: Get up and running with a simple Tiled map.
- Plyer: a platform-independent api to use features commonly found on various platforms, notably mobile ones
- Pyjnius: a Python module to access Java class as Python class, using JNI.
- Python for Android: Access Android specific functionality
- Pyobjus: a Python module to access Objective-C class as Python class, using Objective-C runtime reflection
- Google Analytics and Monitoring: Kivy recipe for Google analytics, play services and bug reporting.
- Google Play Recipes: An example of a Google Play Services client.
At Kivy, we love code and coders so we want to help you. Feel free to ask questions, make comments or join us for a chat. All we ask is that you be nice and follow our Community Guidelines.
- The Kivy Users Forum: Questions and answers for everyone
- The Kivy Developers Forum: For devs wanting to discuss the Kivy framework development
- IRC: Join us at #Kivy on irc.freenode.net (IRC Guidelines)
- List of Kivy Projects: Projects that were created using Kivy
- Theming Kivy - Various approaches and guides to theming your Kivy app.
- Kivy Artwork - A small collection of Kivy Logo's and wallpapers.
- Kivy Technical FAQ - A place to document Kivy tips, tricks, hacks, etc., in FAQ format.
This section contains internal notes for the Kivy devs.
Hardware Compatibility List and known issues
This section lists hardware with known issues with kivy.
The information here is not exhaustive but provides a brief overview of the Kivy landscape. If you know of any other good resources that should be added, please let us know! Oh, and enjoy Kivy!