Clone this wiki locally
Kivy ships with many examples which can be found in the
- The Kivy Website: For the official documentation, latest downloads and user guides.
- Talks and Tutorials: Introductory videos and learning material.
- Setting up Kivy with various popular IDE's: Setting up your Kivy development environment
- Kivy Docs: The official documentation
- Snippets: Collection of useful code snippets for common tasks.
- Kivy Blogs and Blog Posts: Blog posts about Kivy by Kivy users from around the world
- Profiling your Kivy application: Learn to optimize and tweak your Kivy app
- The Kivy Garden: A collection of Kivy widgets from the community
- Kivy projects: All Kivy related projects
- KivEnt: an Entity Based Game Engine for Kivy by Kovak
- Tiled Maps & Tile Based Movement: Get up and running with a simple Tiled map.
- Plyer: a platform-independent api to use features commonly found on various platforms, notably mobile ones
- Pyjnius: a Python module to access Java class as Python class, using JNI.
- Python for Android: Access Android specific functionality
- Pyobjus: a Python module to access Objective-C class as Python class, using Objective-C runtime reflection
- Google Analytics and Monitoring: Kivy recipe for Google analytics, play services and bug reporting.
- Google Play Recipes: An example of a Google Play Services client.
At Kivy, we love code and coders so we want to help you. Feel free to ask questions, make comments or join us for a chat. All we ask is that you be nice and follow our Community Guidelines.
- The Kivy Users Forum: Questions and answers for everyone
- The Kivy Developers Forum: For devs wanting to discuss the Kivy framework development
- IRC: Join us at #Kivy on irc.freenode.net (IRC Guidelines)
- The Kivy Contact Us Page links to more venues, including an official Discord chat
- List of Kivy Projects: Projects that were created using Kivy
- Theming Kivy - Various approaches and guides to theming your Kivy app.
- Kivy Artwork - A small collection of Kivy Logo's and wallpapers.
- Kivy Technical FAQ - A place to document Kivy tips, tricks, hacks, etc., in FAQ format.
- Kv language preprocessing: Enhancing kvlang via pyexpander.
This section contains internal notes for the Kivy devs.
This section lists hardware with known issues with kivy.
The information here is not exhaustive but provides a brief overview of the Kivy landscape. If you know of any other good resources that should be added, please let us know! Oh, and enjoy Kivy!