HTTPS clone URL
Subversion checkout URL
- A draggable scrollbar using a slider
- AdBuddiz Android advertisements integration for Kivy apps
- Advanced Graphics: In Progress
- Android native embedded browser
- Android style menu app skeleton
- Background Service using P4A android.service
- Building Portable Package
- Button(s) in settings panel
- Buttons in Settings panel
- Community Guidelines
- Connecting Kivy with Anaconda (OSX)
- Contextual menus
- Contextual Menus
- Control alpha of all the children
- Creating a 64 bit development environment with MinGW on Windows
- Creating a Release APK
- Data driven variables with kivy properties
- Debugging widget sizes
- Delayed Work using Clock
- Dragable Widget
- Editable ComboBox
- Editable Label
- Embedding a Carousel inside a TabbedPanel
- KEP001: Instantiate things other than widgets from kv
- Kivy 2.0 api breaks
- Kivy Blogs and Blog Posts
- Kivy clock experiments
- Kivy Technical FAQ
- Linking ScreenManager to a different Widget
- List of Kivy Projects
- Markup Summary
- Menu on long touch
- On touch current widget
- On touch on current widget
- Packaging Kivy apps written in Python 3, targeting Windows using Nuitka
- Pyjnius Vibrator Example
- Release Checklist
- Sample Gestures
- Scaler for Retina screen
- Scollable Options in Settings panel
- Scrollable Label
- Setting up garden with Mac Ports
- Setting Up Kivy with various popular IDE's
- Simple slider with value in label
- Snippet template
- Snippets awaiting moderation
- Starting Kivy service on bootup (Android)
- Styling a Spinner and SpinnerOption in KV
- Talks and tutorials
- Theming Kivy
- Tiled Maps & Tile Based Movement
- Ubuntu Touch
- Updating widget content from a items list
- User Snippets
- Using Kivy with an existing Python installation on Windows (64 or 32 bit)
- Viewport with fixed resolution autofit to window
- Windows RT
- Working with Python threads inside a Kivy application
Clone this wiki locally
You have just landed at the Kivy wiki, a collection of useful information for this awesome open source cross-platform Python framework!
- The Kivy Website: For the official documentation, latest downloads and user guides.
- Talks and Tutorials: Introductory videos and learning material.
- Setting up Kivy with various popular IDE's: Setting up your Kivy development environment
- Snippets: Collection of useful code snippets for common tasks.
- Kivy Blogs and Blog Posts: Blog posts about Kivy by Kivy users from around the world
- Profiling your Kivy application: Learn to optimize and tweak your Kivy app
- The Kivy Garden: A collection of Kivy widgets from the community
- Kivy projects: All Kivy related projects
- KivEnt: an Entity Based Game Engine for Kivy by Kovak
- Tile-Based Maps & Movement: Get up and running with a simple Tiled map.
- Plyer: a platform-independant api to use features commonly found on various platforms, notably mobile ones
- Pyjnius: a Python module to access Java class as Python class, using JNI.
- Python for Android: Access Android specific functionality
- Pyobjus: a Python module to access Objective-C class as Python class, using Objective-C runtime reflection
- Knappdor on github: For Facebook/Twitter on Android, native Android dialogs and Toast, billing examples and more
- Google Analytics and Monitoring: Kivy recipe for Google analytics, play services and bug reporting.
- Google Play Recipes: An example of a Google Play Services client.
At Kivy, we love code and coders so we want to help you. Feel free to ask questions, make comments or join us for a chat. All we ask is that you be nice and follow our Community Guidelines.
- The Kivy Users Forum: Questions and answers for everyone
- The Kivy Developers Forum: For devs wanting to discuss the Kivy framework development
- IRC: Join us at #Kivy on irc.freenode.net (IRC Guidelines)
- List of Kivy Projects: Projects that were created using Kivy
- Theming Kivy - Various approaches and guides to theming your Kivy app.
- Kivy Artwork - A small collection of Kivy Logo's and wallpapers.
- Kivy Technical FAQ - A place to document Kivy tips, tricks, hacks, etc., in FAQ format.
This section contains internal notes for the Kivy devs.
This section lists hardware with known issues with kivy.
The information here is not exhaustive but provides a brief overview of the Kivy landscape. If you know of any other good resources that should be added, please let us know! Oh, and enjoy Kivy!