Nimble Commander - Open Source
Nimble Commander is a dual-pane file manager for macOS, which was developed with an emphasis on performance, keyboard navigation and flexibility. Project's website: http://magnumbytes.com.
This repository contains per-version snapshots of the project's source code.
How to Build
Xcode10, preferrebly Xcode10.2.1.
Make sure that the correct Xcode version is selected:
If it's not - adjust this setting:
sudo xcode-select -s /Application/ProperXcodeVersionPath/
Getting the source code
Clone the repository in appropriate directory:
git clone --recursive https://github.com/mikekazakov/nimble-commander
Building an unsigned version
Use the following script to check if the build system works as expected:
cd nimble-commander/Scripts ./build_unsigned_and_run.sh
If execution was successful, this script will run the freshly built version of Nimble Commander.
Location of resulting application bundle depends on current Xcode settings, by default it can be found here:
Exploring the source code
Just open NimbleCommander.xcodeproj in Xcode and select the proper scheme: NimbleCommander-Unsigned.
The source code is ready to be built and run.
There're 10 sub-projects in the codebase, apart from the main one:
- Habanero - low-level general-purpose facilities.
- Config - configuration facilities.
- CUI - common UI compontents.
- Utility - platform-dependent utilities.
- RoutedIO - AdminMode-related code, including privileged helper and client-side interface.
- Term - built-in terminal emulator.
- VFS - virtual file systems: generic interface and various implementations.
- VFSIcon - production of icons and thumbnails for VFS entries.
- Viewer - built-in viewer.
- Operations - a set of file operations running on top of the VFS layer.
This source code is the same as the one used to build the officially distributed versions of Nimble Commander. However, the public repository does not contain any sensitive information like accounts, addresses, keys, and alike. Thus a few parts, which specifically rely on that information, might not work as expected.
Copyright (C) 2013-2019 Michael Kazakov (email@example.com)
The source code is distributed under GNU General Public License version 3.