- Validation and unmarshalling of request and response data (including webhooks)
- Integration with popular libraries (Requests, Werkzeug) and frameworks (Django, Falcon, Flask, Starlette)
- Customization with media type deserializers and format unmarshallers
- Security data providers (API keys, Cookie, Basic and Bearer HTTP authentications)
Check documentation to see more details about the features. All documentation is in the "docs" directory and online at openapi-core.readthedocs.io
Recommended way (via pip):
pip install openapi-core
Alternatively you can download the code and install from the repository:
pip install -e git+https://github.com/python-openapi/openapi-core.git#egg=openapi_core
Firstly create your specification object.
from openapi_core import Spec spec = Spec.from_file_path('openapi.json')
Now you can use it to validate and unmarshal against requests and/or responses.
from openapi_core import unmarshal_request # raises error if request is invalid result = unmarshal_request(request, spec=spec)
Retrieve validated and unmarshalled request data
# get parameters path_params = result.parameters.path query_params = result.parameters.query cookies_params = result.parameters.cookies headers_params = result.parameters.headers # get body body = result.body # get security data security = result.security
Request object should implement OpenAPI Request protocol. Check Integrations to find officially supported implementations.
For more details read about Unmarshalling process.
If you just want to validate your request/response data without unmarshalling, read about Validation instead.
- Python library that validates OpenAPI Specs against the OpenAPI 2.0 (aka Swagger), OpenAPI 3.0 and OpenAPI 3.1 specification. The validator aims to check for full compliance with the Specification.
- Python library that validates schema against the OpenAPI Schema Specification v3.0 and OpenAPI Schema Specification v3.1.
- OpenAPI 3.0 Support for the Bottle Web Framework
- Pyramid addon for OpenAPI3 validation of requests and responses.
- Tornado OpenAPI 3 request and response validation library.
The project is under the terms of BSD 3-Clause License.