parboiled for Java
Clone this wiki locally
These are the steps required for using parboiled for Java:
- Follow the instructions on the Installation page and put all required artifacts into your classpath
- Decide on the type V you would like your parser value stack to be parameterized with and create a custom parser class deriving from BaseParser
- Add one or more rule methods with return type Rule.
- Create an instance of your parser with a call to Parboiled.createParser
- Call the rule method of your parser that builds the root rule of your grammar to create the rule tree
- Choose one of the standard ParseRunner implementations and call its “run” method passing the root rule and the to-be-parsed input text.
- Inspect the different members of the returned ParsingResult object