The Raspberry Pi is a series of credit card-sized single-board computers developed in the United Kingdom by the Raspberry Pi Foundation to promote the teaching of basic computer science in schools and developing countries. Official Link: Raspberry Pi Homepage
This list is a collection of tools, projects, images and resources conforming to the Awesome Manifesto
Contributions very welcome but first see Contributing
The complete collection of Raspberry Pi models consist of:
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model A & Model B (2012, discontinued)
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model B+ (July, 2014)
- Raspberry Pi 1, Model A+ (November, 2014)
- Raspberry Pi 2, Model B (February, 2015)
- Raspberry Pi Zero (November, 2015)
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B (March, 2016)
- Raspberry Pi Zero W (February, 2017)
- Raspberry Pi 3, Model B+ (March, 2018)
- Raspbian - The official supported Raspberry Pi OS, based on Debian and available as a lite version.
- NOOBS - New Out Of the Box Software, an easy OS installer for beginners.
- Ubuntu MATE - Ubuntu distribution for the Raspberry Pi based on MATE desktop.
- Snappy Ubuntu Core - Official (minimal) Ubuntu distribution for IoT.
- Windows 10 IoT Core - Windows 10 distribution for IoT.
- OSMC - Open Source Media Centre, based on Kodi.
- PiNet - System to manage Raspberry Pi classrooms.
- Risc OS - Non-Linux OS originated from the group that developed the ARM microprocessor.
- RuneAudio - Free and open source OS that turns embedded hardware into Hi-Fi music players.
- OpenELEC - Open Embedded Linux Entertainment Center, a very lightweight Kodi build.
- HypriotOS - Minimal Debian-based operating system, optimized to run Docker.
- Kali Linux - Penetration Testing & Ethical Hacking Linux distro for ARM devices.
- RetroPie - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi.
- Alpine Linux - Security-oriented, lightweight Linux distribution based on musl libc and busybox.
- Arch Linux ARM - Lightweight and flexible Linux distribution that tries to Keep It Simple.
- Volumio - Headless audiophile music player, designed to play music with the highest possible fidelity.
- Recalbox - Drag & drop light-weight retro-gaming and media center on the Raspberry Pi.
- Lakka - Retro-gaming on the Raspberry Pi built entirely on RetroArch.
- RasPlex - Plex client for the Raspberry Pi.
- chilipie-kiosk - Image which boots directly into full-screen Chrome, perfect for dashboards and build monitors.
- DietPi - Minimal image designed to fit on a 2GB SD card, with tons of configurable settings and scripts.
- CentOS - CentOS on the Raspberry Pi.
- Minibian - Minimal Raspbian (lighter than Jessie Lite).
- BerryBoot - Bootloader/universal OS installer, with support to VNC and HDMI-CEC.
- PirateBox - Anonymous offline mobile file-sharing and communications system.
- OctoPi - Distribution for 3d printers.
- Kano OS - Open-source OS for exploration, creation, and play – free for Raspberry Pi and the new Pi 3.
- resinOS - open source OS to run Docker containers on embedded devices that's been designed for reliability and proven in production.
- Fedora - Linux Fedora distribution built for the Pi.
- motionEyeOS - Linux distribution that turns a single-board computer into a video surveillance system.
- NextCloudPi - Nextcloud ready image based on Raspbian. Features Nextcloud 11 running on Raspbian 8, with PHP 7 and HTTP2 enabled Apache server.
- PiDeck - Small form factor DVS system allowing you to control digital music files with timecode vinyl.
- OpenWRT - OpenWrt is described as a Linux distribution for embedded devices for network management.
- FreeBSD - FreeBSD is an advanced computer operating system used to power modern servers, desktops, and embedded platforms.
- NetBSD - NetBSD is a free, fast, secure, and highly portable Unix-like Open Source operating system.
- Hass.io - Home automation operating system/application for embedded device, also available standalone.
- Android Things - Build connected devices for a wide variety of consumer, retail, and industrial applications.
- Gladys Project - Gladys, Your home assistant.
- OpenMediaVault - OpenMediaVault is the next generation network attached storage (NAS) solution based on Debian Linux containing services like SSH, (S)FTP, SMB/CIFS, DAAP media server, RSync, BitTorrent client and many more.
- EZ-WifiBroadcast - Affordable Wireless Digital HD Video Transmission made easy.
- DroneBridge - A WifiBroadcast extension to make for a real alternative to DJI Lightbridge and other similar systems.
- TrueOS - FreeBSD-based thin client solution.
- OpenHABian - A preconfigured version of the OpenHAB home automation software.
- FabScanPi - FabScanPi is an open source 3D laser scanner using the Raspberry Pi Camera Module.
- Rocket Show - Play synced backing tracks, videos and DMX light-sequences live on stage.
- SamplerBox - Drop'n'play sampler: drop .WAV samples on the SD card, and play!
- PiBakery - The blocks based, easy to use setup tool for Raspberry Pi.
- ApplePi Bakery - macOS application to easily install/backup/restore images onto an SD card.
- Etcher - SD card burner app that is simple for end users, extensible for developers, and works on any platform.
- PiShrink - Bash script that automatically shrinks a pi image that will then resize to the max size of the SD card on boot.
- OpenVPN-Setup - Shell script to set up Raspberry Pi as an OpenVPN server.
- pi-gen - Tool used to create the raspberrypi.org Raspbian images. This can be used to create your own custom images with specific packages installed, etc.
- PiVPN - Simple, Flexible, and Managable single line install of OpenVPN Server for your Raspberry Pi.
- Network Presence Detector - Setup a Pi Zero to scan for devices on a WiFi network and use that to determine who is "home".
- Resin Bridge - Simple application/repo to bridge a Raspberry Pi's wlan0 interface to devices plugged into it over ethernet (eth0).
- WiFi config generator - Simple tool to generate wpa_supplicant.conf files with wifi settings
- Raspbian QEMU with network - Simple tool to launch QEMU on Raspbian with the required modifications on the system and kernel. Automatic network access. Handy to create images in your PC.
- RaspAP-webgui - A simple, responsive web interface to control wifi, hostapd and related services on the Raspberry Pi.
- HealthyPi - HAT which includes vital health monitoring like ECG, respiration, pulse oximetry and optional blood pressure & body temperature sensing.
- PoisonTap - Exploits locked/password protected computers over USB, drops persistent WebSocket-based backdoor, exposes internal router, and siphons cookies using Raspberry Pi Zero & Node.js.
- P4wnP1 - P4wnP1 is a highly customizable USB attack platform, based on a low cost Raspberry Pi Zero or Raspberry Pi Zero W (required for HID backdoor).
- CusDeb - Web UI for creating custom images with specific packages installed.
- Alpha - Remotely load, debug and test bare-metal programs using GDB with this system-level GDB server.
- Pieman - Script for creating custom images based on Raspbian, Devuan, Ubuntu and Alpine Linux.
- iotwifi - Wifi AP + Client management in 8MB Docker Container, with REST API for controlling wifi client and station modes simultaneously.
- TorTiPi - Shell script to automate the task of converting Raspberry Pi into a tor based wifi hotspot.
- Processing - Processing Development Environment running on Raspberry Pi.
- Mini OONTZ - 3D printed mini MIDI controller.
- Power Sniffing Strip - Enclosure in a power strip, sniffing network data.
- Raspberry Pi Erlang Cluster - Erlang cluster on a Raspberry Pi 2.
- NTP driven Nixie Clock - Nixie Tube Clock powered by a Raspberry Pi.
- 40-node Raspberry Pi Cluster - Cluster aimed to be under the size of full tower desktop.
- Raspberry PI Hadoop Cluster - Big Data cluster running on the Raspberry Pi.
- Multi-Datacenter Cassandra on 32 Raspberry Pi’s - Showcase for the always on, fault tolerant nature of Cassandra using a Raspberry Pi cluster board.
- Building a Ceph Cluster on Raspberry Pi - Highly redundant and low power usage RADOS home storage solution.
- Smart Mirror - Voice controlled smart mirror with IoT integration.
- Magic Mirror - The original open source modular smart mirror platform.
- Chromebook Charger Kiosk - Timed charging station for students using Chromebooks at school.
- Jasper - Flexible open source personal assistant.
- Lightberry - Led lighting solution dedicated for raspberry pi and your TV.
- SecPi - Raspberry Pi based home alarm system.
- PiClock - Fancy Clock built around a monitor and a Raspberry Pi.
- Garage Door Opener - Garage door opener using the Garage Opener app to control garage door.
- Movel - Raspberry Pi car computer.
- PiFanTuner - CPU-fan-tuner daemon, just enables your fan as necessary.
- SkyJack - Take over and allow full control over any Parrot AR Drone within wireless distance.
- Nerves Project - Craft and deploy bulletproof embedded software in Elixir.
- Wordpress using Docker - Run a Wordpress site in containers with dynamic DNS.
- Pi-hole - Black hole for internet ads.
- Planning lunch with a Slackbot on resin.io - Node.js Slackbot (lunchbot), hosted on Resin.
- Sonus - Node.js voice control for your Pi (and everything else) with customizable offline hotword detection.
- Sonic Pi - The Live Coding Music Synth for Everyone.
- Alexa AVS - Demonstration on using Alexa Voice Service with a Java client and Node.js server.
- Pi4j Project - Java I/O library the Raspberry Pi.
- Harry Potter and the real life Daily Prophet - Display mimicking the Daily Prophet from Harry Potter using a 7" Raspberry Pi display.
- PiScan - Makeshift Amazon Dash orders using a Raspberry PI + EAN scanner.
- PiE-Ink - E-ink nametag display running on a Pi Zero.
- Whispering Mirror - Interactive soundart installation using the Hifiberry DAC.
- clockOS - simple smart desktop clock using a Raspberry Pi display.
- Zelda Home Automation - Home automation based on sound recognition from notes played on an ocarina.
- Looper/synth/drum thing - Sequencer/Drumpad, like Native Instruments' Maschine for the Pi.
- Waves - Transforming the transience of the spoken word into something concrete and physical through a microphone, waveform and thermal printer.
- DIY USB Rubber Ducky - Raspberry Pi Zero Rubber Ducky recognized as a USB HID by just about anything with a USB port, thus allowing you to run custom scripts as if it were a keyboard.
- Kubernetes on ARM - Get your ARM device up and running Kubernetes in less than ten minutes.
- Lumos - Smart Lamp for Better Sleep.
- Vinyl Shelf Finder - Uses a tilt & pan laser to find a record in a record collection.
- Building Timelapse with Resin - Remotely deploying timelapse camera using Docker, Resin, and 3G internet.
- NALIVATOR-9000 - Robot bartender for making cocktails with Telegram-bot interface and speech synthesis on Golang.
- Stratux - Open source ADS-B reciever which feeds weather, traffic, GPS, and AHRS data to electronic flight bag software via wifi.
- Voice Kit - AIY Voice Kit from Google, to build a standalone voice recognition system using the Google Assistant, or add voice recognition and natural language processing to your Raspberry Pi-based projects.
- speed-camera - Object Motion Tracking uses python, openCV, USB Cam or picamera module to record speed data.
- pi-timolo - Remote Headless multi feature PiCamera Operation from Rclone Remote Storage Service and More.
- Hearing aid prototoype - A Raspberry Pi powered prototype of a hearing aid.
- RPI tempmon - CPU GPU temperature monitor with various functions such as LED GPIO, Graph output, email, alarm limit, notifications and logging.
- RPi Motor Library - Python 3 library to connect various motors & servos to the Pi.
- Circle - A C++ bare metal environment for Raspberry Pi.
- Project MyHouse - Smart Doll House with Gesture Recognition, using Raspberry Pi 3 or Pi Zero and PSMove motion controller.
- Skate-o-Meter - Skateboard odometer and speedometer with RFID user system.
- Occu-Pi - Controller software for the Occu-pi, a totally awesome bathroom door sensor.
- docsis-cable-load-monitor - Tool to monitor downstream load on DOCSIS cable networks.
- BeeMonitor - Honey beehive monitoring project.
- pi_payments - Payment module based on RFID.
- RasPi Check - To check Pi stats - frequency, temperature, volts and more system information (free memory, runtime, disk status). You can also restart or halt your Raspberry Pi and send custom commands. Android
- Kore Remote - Official remote to control Kodi. Android
- Home Remote Control - Control mouse/keyboard, volume, manage download/upload files, custom commands, terminal, execute tasks in future, control media. Android
- Raspicast - Cast YouTube videos, media content from your android device, Play local media files, Play streams from playlists (m3u, pls) on your Raspberry Pi. Android
- Screen Stream Mirroring - To stream your phone screen directly to Pi. Android
- Termius - One of the cleanest SSH Client for Pi. Android, iOS
- Tubio - Cast web videos directly to Pi. Android
- VNC Viewer - To remotely control Raspberry Pi desktop. Android
- Turbo FTP - A good FTP client app for accessing files on raspberry. Android
- AndFTP - Alternative FTP client app. Android
- Raspberry Pi and why do I need one? - Intro into the Raspberry Pi and what can be done with it.
- 10 Ways To Power - Information about different & correct ways to power the pi.
- The Ultimate Raspberry Pi Security Guide - Extensive guide on security best practices for the Pi ie. exposed to the internet.
- Raspberry Pi A to Z List - Comprehensive list with links to common questions & pitfalls.
- Raspberry Pi Beginners - Guide to setup the Raspberry Pi for beginners.
- Bridging Wifi to the Raspberry Pi over Ethernet - Set up tethered networking between macOS & Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi login with SSH keys - Password-less login for ssh sessions on the Raspberry Pi.
- How to setup a secure VPN server on Raspberry Pi or DigitalOcean - Simple, secure and detailed guide to setup VPN on your Raspberry Pi.
- Controlling Spotify with Slack and a Raspberry Pi - Node.js project to control Spotify & Slack with libspotify.
- Moonlight - Nvidia GameStream implementation to stream your full collection of Steam games from desktop to the Raspberry Pi.
- Raspberry Pi Zero: Programming over USB - Guide to boot and access a Raspberry Pi Zero over a USB cable without need of an ethernet/wifi connection, keyboard or screen.
- Use a Raspberry Pi with multiple WiFi networks - Tutorial on using a Raspberry Pi with multiple networks.
- Raspberry Pi Media Server Guides - Media Server and NAS tutorials from HTPC Guides.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi Zero into a mini dongle computer - Setup a pi0 to be able to ssh & vnc over USB.
- How To Make a Raspberry Pi Turn on a Lamp with iBeacon™ Technology - Good beginners-guide to working with Beacon technology.
- Build a $35 Time Capsule - Time Machine Backup Server.
- Raspberry Pi Game Console - How to Build a Raspberry Pi Retro Game Console for $35.
- Docker Swarm with LetsEncrypt - Clear guidelines on how to set up a cluster with Docker, distributing services with Docker Compose and signing valid SSL certs with Letsencrypt.
- DIY Neural Network - Uses image recognition and Google’s Inception to recognize specific objects.
- Turn a Raspberry Pi into a Plex Media Server - Beginners guide to setting up a Plex media server to stream all of your media content.
- Auto Mount USB - Guide to setup Auto Mount USB on Raspberry Pi.
- DC++ Hub - Guide to setup an ADC (DC++) Hub on Raspberry Pi.
- Official Forum
- Official Blog
- Raspberry Pi Jam — Official conferences
- Reddit Projects
- eLinux Hub
Contribution guidelines can be found here