BIM workbench for FreeCAD
Warning: This is highly experimental. Although it is safe to use, it won't break anything, it is meant to be experimental, and not a production environment (yet). You are more than welcome to try this, and help us to build a better BIM workflow, but some features might change or disappear without notice over time.
This is a meta workbench, it doesn't offer specific tools, but rather gathers, under one same workbench, the tools from these other workbenches:
- Draft: 2D drafting tools and general utilities
- Arch: General tools for building construction elements (Walls, columns, etc)
- Reinforcement: Extra tools for reinforcement bars
- Flamingo: Tools for building metallic structures
- Bolts: Additional tools for metallic pieces, fasteners and profiles
- DXF library: DXF export libraries
- Frame: Misc tools to build complex frames from sketches
- Fasteners: Parametric screws, nuts and bolts
- WebTools: Misc utilities to connect to web services
- A couple of useful macros...
The BIM workbench contains a large number of tools, therefore it is convenient to use it on a large screen, to avoid eating up a lot of precious screen space.
Starting from FreeCAD v0.17, the BIM workbench can easily be installed from within FreeCAD using the addons manager, found under menu Tools -> Addons manager
The BIM workbench documentation is hosted on the FreeCAD wiki, at https://www.freecadweb.org/wiki/BIM_Workbench
The development reports I write monthly are available at https://github.com/yorikvanhavre/BIM_Workbench/wiki