dopresskit-static is a static version of the great Rami Ismail's presskit().
If you don't wan't to rely on PHP you can use it with the same xml files & directory structure as the original presskit().
You can even host it on dropbox : demo
- Not PHP
- More comprehensible source (thanks to python being python & the simple jinja syntax)
- Hostable on dropbox or anywhere with a simple drag & drop
- Compatible with the original presskit() xml files & directory structure
- Each non-filled xml tags will hide the appropriate section in the generated page
Note : One thing you will lose from Vlambeer's version is the ability to make presskit requests through the server-side mail system.
Go read the original https://github.com/ramiismail/dopresskit to see what presskit() is all about.
It requires python 2.7 (2.6 probably works as well) and the jinja2 package.
If you're on OSX/Linux you might already have a proper environment.
- Download python https://www.python.org/download/releases/2.7.7/
- Install the template engine jinja2 with
pip install jinja2or even via the windows binary at http://www.lfd.uci.edu/~gohlke/pythonlibs/#jinja2 (
Generate your static files
You should be able to compile a project as is with the default
python generate.py, it will generate an
index.htmlfile at the root of your folder and in each of the project folders (by default, none).
index.htmland it's done!
- Edit the various
data.xmlfiles to your needs and run
If you want to add a project, copy the
_template folder and rename it, re generate the html files and a project should show up in the Projects section of the page.
Note : A project folder will be ignored if its name is starting with an _uppercase_, if containing any space and if not in lowercase. 'Super Crate Box' would have a folder named
super_crate_box to be valid.
To add google analytics support simply add your Tracker ID as an argument like this
python generate.py UA-1234567-89