Blueshift Game Engine
Blueshift is a cross-platform 3D game engine implemented in C++. it's free, open-source, and works on Windows, macOS, iOS, and Android. The project is currently in an early stage of development.
See the change log for changes.
- Cross-platform (Windows, macOS, iOS and Android)
- OpenGL 3.2+, OpenGL ES 3.0 rendering
- Skeletal (with hardware skinning) animation
- GPU instancing with skinned mesh
- Parametric animation blending
- Directional, spot, point lights
- Shadow mapping (cascaded shadow map, omni directional shadow map, projected shadow map)
- Particle system
- PBR rendering
- Physics using Bullet
- Vehicle physics
- Scripting using Lua and LuaJIT
- Audio static/streaming playback using DirectSound, OpenAL and OpenSLES
- TrueType font rendering using FreeType
- Component based scene objects
- Playable WYSIWYG editor using Qt with undo & redo capabilities
Blueshift editor binaries are downloadable here.
Example projects are downloadable here.
The Blueshift game engine source code is released under the Apache 2.0 license. Please see LICENSE.md for complete licensing information.
How To Contribute
Contributions are always welcome, either reporting issues/bugs or forking the repository and then issuing pull requests when you have completed some additional coding that you feel will be beneficial to the main project. If you are interested in contributing in a more dedicated capacity, then please contact me.