Clone this wiki locally
Welcome to the befdata wiki!
BEFdata is a web application and research data base. It makes it easy to store and harmonize data originating from different research groups and stored in spreadsheets. A special emphasis is for working with the R statistical environment, for which we maintain an R package on CRAN.
Features of BEFdata
- upload and update data from [Excel(TM) 2003 worksheets](wiki/BEFdata workbook), or as .csv text file
- upload and update data from within the R statistical environment or as web service
- harmonize data across data sets, [validate against naming conventions](wiki/Approve invalid categories)
- export data in EML format
- access all data from within the R statistical environment; or as web service
- download data to your R workspace; or as web service
- request datasets for use in Paper proposals, store usage of datasets in paper proposals
- use Paper proposals to communicate your analysis ideas within and between projects
- store primary data in a relational database; PostgreSQL
- save previous [versions](Changing and Versioning) of your primary data
- notify those having downloaded or requested your data within BEFdata or via e-mail in case of [changes](Changing and Versioning) to the dataset
In this Wiki you find documentation for