Clone this wiki locally
IPython does all of its development using GitHub. All of our development information is hosted on this GitHub wiki. This page indexes all of that information. Developers interested in getting involved with IPython development should start here.
Here are the core documents describing IPython development:
A page that describes our weekly lab meetings on air
Some development policies we have created:
- Our policy on closing pull requests
Further development information:
- Details about testing IPython
- Details about compiling .less files for UI changes
- Steps for releasing IPython
- Documentation on the IPython Sphinx directive
- Information about our py3compat module
- Information about the URL mapping of the IPython notebook
- Setup IPython development environment using boot2docker.
A template for new Python files in IPython: template.py