Achilles is a gameplay modification for Arma 3. It expands the Zeus real-time editor with many new additions as well as provides bug fixes.
Achilles started as an expansion to Ares mod, which was created by Anton Struyk. Achilles became the de facto successor to Ares at the point the latter was no longer updated. Achilles has already grown into a splendid project, but new additions are still to come!
Table of Contents
- Language Localization
- Getting Started
- Reporting Issues, Requesting Features and Changes
- How to Contribute
- Visual changes to the Zeus interface
- Tons of new modules:
- ACE Medical (e.g. heal, injury; also work in vanilla!)
- AI Behaviour (e.g. animations, garrison buildings, surrender)
- Arsenal (e.g. add/modify)
- Buildings (e.g. destruction, breachable doors)
- Development Tools (e.g. execute code, config/function viewer)
- Environment (e.g. advanced weather, earthquakes)
- Equipment (e.g. toggle tac light)
- Fire Support (e.g. artillery, suppressive fire)
- Objects (e.g. attach to, toggle simulation, IEDs)
- Reinforcements (e.g. spawn reinforcements on the fly)
- Scenario Flow (e.g. advanced intel, side relations)
- Spawn (e.g. custom compositions, smoke pillar, USS Freedom)
- Zeus (e.g. add/remove objects)
- Extended attribute window:
- Groups (e.g. careless, hold fire)
- Vehicles (e.g. cargo, pylons, garage, damage wheels)
- New waypoint types:
- e.g. seek and destroy, paradrop, sling load
- Copy/past units including the full loadouts
- Remote Control
- Settings (e.g. faction filter)
Achilles is available for the following languages:
- Simplified Chinese
- Traditional Chinese
If your language is not on the list, the English localization will be used. We welcome any new translations (check out How to Contribute).
Below is what you need to know to get Achilles up and running:
You can download Achilles from:
If you are not familiar with installing ArmA 3 add-ons, check out the Armaholic installation guide.
Addons that you should not run when you use Achilles:
These mods below are required for certain features (e.g. fast-roping):
Other Zeus Add-ons
A list of other Zeus mods that are not required, but nice additions:
Check out the Achilles Wiki and the Achilles Tutorial Series on YouTube. The documentation is rather limited at the time and thus, you will certainly have questions. We will gladly answer them on our Discord server.
Reporting Issues, Requesting Features and Changes
Please use our Issue Tracker for these kinds of purposes. In the case of a bug report, please only use a minimal set of mods (i.e. only use other mods than the required ones if they are clearly related to the issue).
How to Contribute
We always welcome contribution to the repository and thank you for your work! We will update the list of contributors.
What you need to know:
- Fork the Achilles repository
- Set up your local development environment
- Do your stuff
- Create your pull request
And then we will have a look at your work!
Setting up Your Local Development Environment
- Clone your forked repository
- Set up your add-on builder (either get Hephaestus or use the AchillesAddonBuilder.bat in the repository)
Add a New Module
Add a Translation
You have to edit the stringtable.xml. The basics about string tables can be found on the Bohemia Interactive Wiki. If you don't want to edit the file with a text editor, you can use a dedicated tool such as Tabler.
Check out the list of contributors.
Find us on our Discord server.
Achilles is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.