This is a collection of ink resources, samples, tools as well as a running list of projects that use ink. It's an attempt to catalogue everythink in one place.
We're open to pull requests, so feel free to submit any sample ink, tools that you've found useful, or a link to your own project or game.
Inkle has a patreon page full of tips and tricks, please consider donating if you make use of ink!
- Snippets - re-useable functions, examples of techniques, etc.
- Stories - entire playable stories written in ink.
If you want to submit a sample, please make sure to put a header comment at the top of your (main) file that gives an overview of your snippet, or an overview of your story.
Please be aware that any sample content contributed to this repo becomes MIT licensed.
Ink Engine ports, wrappers and integration
The repositories marked with
⭐️- Official integration for Unity from inkle.
⭐️– Inkle Ink runtime implementation in Java.
⭐️– Implementation of Ink in pure GDScript for Godot engine.
- godot-ink - Integration with Godot game engine.
- UnrealInk - Integration of the Ink language into Unreal 4.
- mica-ink – A Kotlin implementation of inkle's open source scripting language (ink) for writing interactive narrative.
- inkhaxe – Ink port from C# to Haxe.
- inkrs – A port/rewrite of inkle/ink in rust.
- pink – An attempt to implement a subset of ink in lpeg.
Editors and extensions
- Inky - Inky is the offical ink editor developed by inkle.
- Quill – Quill is an online tool for playing and sandbox testing Ink stories.
- Ink Language Server – A language server for inkle's Ink, that adheres to the Language Server Protocol (LSP).
- atom-language-ink – Adds syntax highlighting and snippets to Ink files in Atom.
- language-ink-atom • Atom Package - Atom port of the SublimeText 3 language grammar for inkle's ink language.
VS Code extensions
- ink • Visual Studio Marketplace – Inkle's Ink scripting language support for Visual Studio Code
- ink • Visual Studio Marketplace - This one seems less complete than the above.
Frameworks, templates and command line utilities
- ink-soaked - A template for creating hypertext fiction that acts like most Twine story formats.
- ink-vn-engine - An engine for building browser-based visual novels with ink.
- Mutter – A framework for building bot brains.
- Paper Engine – Paper Engine is designed to allow game writers to create (nearly) their entire (more than Text) game without ever leaving Ink.
- Atrament – A simple interface to Inkjs, which can be used as a core engine for your game app.
- Blotter – A front-end engine for publishing Ink stories on the web.
- Gall – A a simple command-line tool for assembling Ink stories with Blotter.
- PalimpsestNW – A basic template for deploying a game written in ink as a stand-alone desktop app.
- inkphone – A sample app demonstrating how to turn a web-based Ink project into a mobile app with PhoneGap.
- StoryBytes Android / StoryBytes Desktop – Story viewer built on top of blade-ink.
Ink games (and non-games!)
- Heaven's Vault
- 80 days
- Bury Me My Love
- Where the Water Tastes Like Wine
- Falcon Age
- Wayward Strand
- Over the Alps
- The Uber Game
- The Last Night
- The Rats in the Bulkhead
- Southern Monsters
- Windrush Tales
- Total Darkness
- Down Among the Dead Men
- Du Lac & Fey: Dance of Death
- Shapeshifting Detective
- Fog Lights and Foul Deeds
- Cloak of Darkness (parser IF demo)
- True Legacy
- A Place for the Unwilling
- Dust and Salt
- Dust and Salt: The Battle for Murk
- Johnny Bonasera (ep 2+)
- The Intercept
- Witchwood Academy
- Several games from Sand Gardeners
- Heaven Will Be Mine
- dripping with the waters of sheol
- Air New Zealand's chatbot Oscar (source)
- Virginia Interactive Boating Safety Course
- Beacon Virtua
- Pirates and Traders 2