Migrating 1.3 to 1.4
Clone this wiki locally
...is not possible using the normal database upgrade scripts, e.a. is not automatic.
However there is a way to get the most important data migrated, but it involves more manual work.
- Always make sure you backup first
- This type of migration requires both the old and new server runnning at the same time, obviously they have to be able to find each other on the network
- Make sure there is an admin account with the same name/password on both servers
- In your local environment (Eclipse for example), run TriggerImportDataRemote with the right arguments (see documentation in file). This call will end quickly, but starts the migration on the new server.
- Wait and read the logs of the new server
This has only been tested once!