Crossword game artificial intelligence and analysis tool.
See LICENSE in this directory.
Quackle is built and tested with the latest releases of Qt 5.12 and 5.13. See README.MacOS and README.Windows for platform-specific instructions. Generally:
Clone the repo or download the tarball and untar. Use qmake to build quackle.pro and quackleio/quackleio.pro:
qmake quackle.pro && make cd quackleio && qmake && make && cd ..
Finally, build the main binary.
cd quacker && qmake && make
The binary will build as 'Quackle'. It might be found in the quacker directory or in the release subdirectory.
- quackle/ - libquackle sources. libquackle is the engine, and can be linked to any convenient interface. It does not use Qt.
- quackle/quackleio/ - I/O library for Quackle. Implements stuff for accessing dictionaries, serializing GCG files, etc. Also, command-line option handling. This does have some modest dependencies on Qt.
- quackle/quacker/ - code for full Quackle UI. Written in Qt, and requires libquackleio and libquackle.
- quackle/makeminidawg/ - standalone console program for building Quackle dictionaries.
- quackle/makegaddag/ - standalone console program for building gaddag files.
- quackle/data/ - lexicons, strategy files, and alphabet resources for Quackle. In this directory is libquackle. Run qmake and then run make in this directory. Then cd to quackle/quackleio/, run qmake, and then run make.