Crossword game artificial intelligence and analysis tool.
See LICENSE in this directory.
Quackle is built and tested with the latest release of Qt 5.9. See README.MacOS and README.Windows for platform-specific instructions. Generally:
Clone the repo or download the tarball and untar. Use qmake to build quackle.pro and quackleio/quackleio.pro:
qmake quackle.pro && make cd quackleio && qmake && make && cd ..
Finally, build the main binary.
cd quacker && qmake && make
The binary will build as 'Quackle'. It might be found in the quacker directory or in the release subdirectory.
- quackle/ - libquackle sources. libquackle is the engine, and can be linked to any convenient interface. It does not use Qt.
- quackle/quackleio/ - I/O library for Quackle. Implements stuff for accessing dictionaries, serializing GCG files, etc. Also, command-line option handling. This does have some modest dependencies on Qt.
- quackle/quacker/ - code for full Quackle UI. Written in Qt, and requires libquackleio and libquackle.
- quackle/makeminidawg/ - standalone console program for building Quackle dictionaries.
- quackle/makegaddag/ - standalone console program for building gaddag files.
- quackle/data/ - lexicons, strategy files, and alphabet resources for Quackle. In this directory is libquackle. Run qmake and then run make in this directory. Then cd to quackle/quackleio/, run qmake, and then run make.