The core development team is proud to announce the availabilty of Zikula Core 1.4.6.
Zikula Core 1.4.6 is available as of today, 12 February 2017.
Here is a list of the most important changes:
- LocaleApi (introduced in 1.4.4) has been refactored and eliminates access to locale metadata.
- Removed usage of *.class parameters in all core/system service definitions (#3371).
- Removed 'profile' module capability and related code. Use service tags - see docs.
- Removed 'message' module capability and related code. Use service tags - see docs.
- Changed the way ZAuth login/register templates are called to fix #3401
- Fixed broken categories selector for legacy extensions (#3356).
- Fixed problems in categories editing (#3372).
- Fixed accidentally activated ZikulaPageLockModule on core upgrade (#3355)
- Fixed rememberme function on user login (#3290, #3391).
- Changed configuration of jms_i18n_routing to remove use of 'hl' cookie (#3224).
- Removed LangBlock and replaced automatically by LocaleBlock (#2684).
- Fixed double-encoding of verification code in registration email (#3393).
- Fixed module upgrade bug (#3378).
- Added composer event handler to manually copy vendor assets to the web-dir.
- Added \Zikula\SearchModule\SearchableInterface and DI service tag collector to determine a module's searchability (#2996).
- Added dimsemenov/Magnific-Popup as a successor for bootstrap-media-lightbox (#3362).
See the changelog for all the changes.
Zikula Core 1.4 is intended as a transition release between the very popular 1.3.x series and Zikula Core 2.0. While maintaining nearly 100% backward-compatibility, Core-1.4 lays the foundations of Symfony, Doctrine, Bootstrap, Font-Awesome, jQuery and Twig which will be the basis of future development. A new namespaced module structure is established that will be the new standard for 2.0 extensions as well as providing many new tools and features to make your site exceptional.
As always, please report all bugs, concerns and feature requests to our issue tracker on Github. If you don't want to create a GitHub account, don't hesitate to ask in the comments or forums at our website.