Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This page contains an overview of the Astropy proposals for enhancement (APEs).
The actual APEs are here: https://github.com/astropy/astropy-APEs
This wiki page is manually updated, so please update it if you notice new APEs or incorrect status info.
- APE-1, "APE Purpose and Process", Perry Greenfield, Accepted, document, discussion
- APE-2, "Astropy Release Cycle and Version Numbering", Erik Tollerud, Accepted, document, discussion
- APE-3, "Configuration", Michael Droettboom, Accepted, document, discussion
- APE-4, "Astropy Setup Helpers", Erik M. Bray, Discussion, document, discussion
- APE-5, "Coordinates Subpackage Plan", Erik Tollerud et al., Accepted, document, discussion
- APE-6, "Data-table Text Interchange Format", Tom Aldcroft, Discussion, document, discussion
Astropy API proposals
We also have the Astropy API proposals: https://github.com/astropy/astropy-api/ . These are mostly historical (from before APEs), but may also store some API proposals that are associated with particular APEs (e.g., # 12 was part of APE5).
The numbers given are the GitHub issue numbers.
- #1, merged "Quantity class API", Adrian Price-Whelan
- #2, merged "Add quantity API", Adrian Price-Whelan
- #3, open "Adding plot API for discussion", Adrian Price-Whelan
- #4, merged "API Document for WCSAxes (v2)", Thomas Robitaille
- #5, open "Proposed Photometry API", Thomas Robitaille
- #6, open "Conversion from celestial to altaz coordinates", Marshall Perrin
- #7, merged "API Document for WCSAxes", Thomas Robitaille
- #8, open "adding ccdproc", Steve Crawford
- #9, open "added new model parameter API", Wolfgang Kerzendorf
- #10, open "Generalized WCS", Nadia Dencheva
- #11, open "Proposal to add an Angle format specifier to Angle.to_string()", Tom Aldcroft
- #12, merged "Coordinates API, take 2", Erik Tollerud