Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
#Upgrading from ChurchInfo
- ChurchInfo database must be at functional level 1.2.14
- Create a valid backup of your ChurchInfo Database
##Side-by-side upgrade (preferred, easy) The preferred method for upgrading from ChurchInfo is a side-by-side upgrade. This affords you the most flexibility for testing and the least amount of risk when upgrading.
To perform a side-by-side upgrade from an existing ChurchInfo installation:
- Install a new instance of ChurchCRM (follow the install instructions)
- Backup your existing ChurchInfo database.
- You may need to enable the backup feature by setting (bEnableBackupUtility) to True in the "Edit }General Settings" page.
- From the "Admin" menu, choose "Backup Database"
- Select archive type "uncompressed"
- Do not encrypt the backup
- Click "Generate and Download Backup"
- Restore your backup to ChurchCRM
- From the Admin (gear) menu, choose "Restore Database"
- Click "Choose Files," and select the backup file created in step 2.
- Click "Upload Files"
- When "Restore Status" changes to "Restore Complete," click on the "Login to restored Database" button
- Login to the database using your previous username and password
- Validate that the upgrade was successful.
- De-provision your old instance of ChurchInfo when ready.
##In-place upgrade (not recommended, difficult) This method is not recommended, and could result in total data loss! Please make sure you have a backup of your data!
To perform an in-place upgrade on an existing ChurchInfo installation:
Copy the following files to a temporary (safe) location:
Delete the entire contents of your current ChurchInfo directory.
Upload the entire churchCRM folder where ChurchInfo was.
Upload the files stashed in step 1 back to their original locations, replacing any conflicts
From a server Shell, execute the following MySQL scripts (in this order):
Login to the database using your previous username and password
Validate that the upgrade was successful.