Memcached 1.5.19 Release Notes
This release contains an experimental new protocol extension for the default Text Protocol. This extension includes a flexible set of new commands encompassing features previously unique to the binary protocol, as well as many new updates allowing a reduction of network roundtrips for advanced features.
For details, please see the "Meta Commands" section in doc/protocol.txt https://github.com/memcached/memcached/blob/master/doc/protocol.txt
For use case examples, see the wiki: https://github.com/memcached/memcached/wiki/MetaCommands
These commands are experimental until stated otherwise in a future release. This means the syntax may change based on community feedback. We feel this is unlikely, but early adopters should keep track of the release notes. We don't expect this process to take more than a few releases. After a short period we will no longer consider incompatible changes.
This release also contains a fix for the restart code and a memory leak in the TLS code when connections fail to properly establish. Also some other minor updates and fixes.
- Keep "last access" time up to date in default segmented LRU mode
- slow down t/watcher.t test more
- Add include stdio.h to restart.c
- Reload CA cert in refresh routine
- TLS: fix leak of SSL context on accept failure
- drop privileges for FreeBSD.
- Make memcached setgroups failure non-fatal
- restart: use /tmp for restart tests.
- restart: add missing msync at close time
The meta commands feature, as noted above.
The following people contributed to this release since 1.5.18.
Note that this is based on who contributed changes, not how they were done. In many cases, a code snippet on the mailing list or a bug report ended up as a commit with your name on it.
Note that this is just a summary of how many changes each person made
which doesn't necessarily reflect how significant each change was.
For details on what led up into a branch, either grab the git repo and
look at the output of
git log 1.5.18..1.5.19 or use a web view.
- Repo list: https://github.com/memcached/memcached/wiki/DevelopmentRepos
- Web View: http://github.com/memcached/memcached/commits/1.5.19
10 dormando 1 David Carlier 1 Kevin Lin 1 Piotr Balcer 1 jwbee 1 minkikim89