Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
This page outlines the steps that need to be done after a new subrepository is added to go.googlesource.com, in order for it to get mirrored to GitHub, set up PR to Gerrit importing, etc.:
- Create a new empty repository at https://github.com/golang with the same name, complete with a description.
- Turn off Wikis, Issues in repository settings.
- On "Collaborators & teams" tab:
- Add "golang org admins" team with Admin access.
- Add "gophers" team with Write access.
- Add "robots" team with Write access (can only be done by a maintainer of golang organization; ask someone else if you're not).
- Create "cla: yes" and "cla: no" labels, they need to exist so that @googlebot can automatically apply them. (Without a "cla: yes" label, PRs won't be imported into Gerrit.)
- Modify 3 x/build commands:
cmd/gerritbot, add the new repo to
cmd/gitmirror, add the new repo to
maintner/maintnerd, add the new repo to
- See an example commit.
- Redeploy all 3:
- Note that it's expected for the new repo not to appear in maintner until first issue or PR is created (see #25744).