A curated list of awesome things related to Django.
- Third-Party Packages
- Open Source Apps
- Open Source Projects
- Django REST Framework
- Django Packages - Comprehensive directory of reusable Django apps and tools.
- Classy Class-Based Views - Detailed descriptions of methods/properties/attributes for each generic class-based view.
- Classy Django Forms - Detailed descriptions of methods/properties/attributes for each form class.
- Classy Django REST Framework - Detailed descriptions with methods/attributes for DRF class-based views and serializers.
- Django Sites - Comprehensive listing of sites built with Django.
- Pony Checkup - Security checkups for Django sites.
- Django Hunter - Tool to help identify incorrectly configured Django applications that are exposing sensitive information.
- William Vincent's Website - Up-to-date tutorials on Django and Django REST Framework.
- Simple is Better than Complex - Regularly updated website with many tutorials and tips on Django.
- Full Stack Python's Django Page - Explanation of Django philosophy and links to other resources and tutorials.
- RealPython - Many high-quality tutorials on Django.
- TestDriven - Multiple Django-specific tutorials on topics like Docker, payments, and more.
- Users Google Group - Very active discussion board for questions/answers.
- Developers Google Group - For contributions to Django itself only.
- Twitter - For official announcements on updates, security fixes, etc.
- IRC Channel - Chat with other Django users at irc://irc.freenode.net/django
- DjangoCon US
- DjangoCon Europe
- DjangoCon Australia
- PyCon US
- Euro Python
- Complete listing of all PyCons globally
Conference YouTube Channels
- Meetups - 400+ Meetup groups in 65 countries.
- Django Chat - A weekly podcast featuring discussions of core Django concepts and regular guests.
- TalkPython - The most popular Python podcast with select episodes on Django.
- Podcast Init - The 2nd most popular Python podcast that features Django guests on occasion.
For a complete listing of all available packages, see Django Packages
Django Third-Party Packages
- django-allauth - User registration, social authentication, account management, and more.
- django-crispy-forms - DRY Django forms
- django-debug-toolbar - Configurable panels to debug requests/responses
- django-environ - Environment variables
- django-extensions - Custom management extensions, notably
- django-filter - Powerful filters based on Django QuerySets
- django-guardian - Per object permissions in Django
- django-hijack - Admins can log in and work on behalf of other users without having to know their credentials
- django-model-utils - Django model mixins and utilities
- django-silk - Live profiling and inspection of HTTP requests and database queries
- django-storages - A single library to support multiple custom storage backends for Django
- django-tables2 - HTML tables with pagination/sorting
- django-test-plus - Useful additions to Django's default TestCase
- easy-thumbnails - Image thumbnails for Django
- pytest-django - Use pytest features in Django
- wagtail - Popular Django content management system (CMS)
- whitenoise - Simplified static file serving for Python websites
Django REST Framework Third-Party Packages
- django-rest-auth - REST API endpoints for authentication and registration
- django-rest-framework - Web APIs for Django
- django-rest-framework-simplejwt - JSON web tokens for DRF
- django-rest-swagger - API document generator for Swagger UI
- Django Girls Tutorial - Use function-based views to build a blog app.
- Django for Beginners - Use class-based views to build three apps of increasing complexity (part of a full-length book).
- Mozilla Tutorial - Create a lending library app.
- A Complete Beginner's Guide to Django - In-depth and excellent walkthrough of a new Django app
- Build a HackerNews clone - Very well-done tutorial for Django 2.0.
- Django Stripe Tutorial
- Setting up Stripe Connect with Django
- Storing Django Static and Media Files on Amazon S3
Docker is commonly used to work with production-level databases locally like PostgreSQL or MySQL.
- A Beginner's Guide to Docker
- A Brief Intro to Docker for Djangonauts
- How to use Django, Docker, and PostgreSQL
- Docker for Django Developers (slides)
- Dockerizing Django with Postgres, Gunicorn, and Nginx
- cookiecutter-django - A full-bodied starter project, highly customizable.
- djangox - A simpler approach with complete user authentication flow, Pipenv, and more.
- django-starter-project - A deliberately basic project that has multiple staging environments and Heroku deployment config.
- docker-django - A quick starter guide for Django and Docker together.
- wemake-django-template - Bleeding edge django template focused on code quality and security.
Open Source Apps
- Hello, World app
- Message Board app
- Blog app with users and forms
- Newspaper app with custom user model, full user auth
- Behavior-Driven Development with Aloe
- Image Sharing Blog
Open Source Projects
- wagtail - Very popular Django-based content management system
- Zulip - Open-source team chat
- django-oscar - E-commerce for Django
- django-cms - CMS for Django
- saleor - E-commerce storefront
- Django-CRM - Open Source Python CRM based on Django
Django REST Framework
The most popular way to build web APIs with Django.
- Official REST Framework - A Beginner's Guide
- DRF Blog API
- Building APIs with Django and DRF
- DRF Serializers, Viewsets, and Routers
- DRF Todo API with User Auth
- DRF User Authentication
- DRF with React: Todo API
- DRF with React
- Making React and Django play well together
DRF Open Source Apps
- DRF Polls - API of the official Django polls tutorial
- DRF Blog - Basic Blog API
- ECGC - Example from DjangoCon 2017 talk Write an API for Almost Anything
- Django for Beginners: Build websites with Python and Django
- REST APIs with Django: Build web APIs with Python and Django
- Build Your First Website with Django 2.1
- Practical Django 2 and Channels 2
- Django 2 Web Development Cookbook
- Two Scoops of Django: Best Practices for Django 1.11
- Test-Driven Development with Python
- Django RESTful Web Services
- Beginning Django
- Build a Guestbook (30-part series) by Pretty Printed
- Blog Tutorial by Corey Schafer
- Build Backend Web Apps and APIs with Django - 9 hour course from Andrew Pinkham, author of Django Unleashed, covering APIs, data manipulation, and deployment to Heroku.
- Build a Real Estate App - 11 hour course by Brad Traversy on building a real estate app with PostgreSQL and deploying to Digital Ocean.
- Ultimate Web Development Bootcamp - 10 hour course building three apps--word counter, personal portfolio, product hunt clone--and deploying to Digital Ocean.