Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Features you could help us with
This section is intended as a home for all the existing or planned features that have no one looking after them. The SharpDevelop team does not have time for these features; please be so kind and Adopt a Feature Today! (tm)
- ASP.NET (.aspx) support
- Settings editor - there's an unfinished AddIn in 4.0 for editing Visual Studio .settings files - finish the editing part and create the integration with app.config
- Edit and Continue - The debugger side of this would be done by David Srbecky. What we need is C# compiler that is able to generate updated IL code, metadata and symbols. Modifying the mono compiler is probably the best way to go.
- Unit Test for all cases you can imagine.
- VB 9.0 (LINQ) parser and code-completion support
- Parser: nearly complete, only missing XML literals (but those don't seem trivial to me - do they have their own lexical grammar?)
- Parser unit tests: there are nearly no tests for the new language features
- Code completion: most new languages features are not yet supported
- Typed data set designer
- Guidance automation equivalent (http://guidanceautomation.net)
- Support for your favourite .NET language - preferably with parser and code-completion support
If you want to add your own feature wishes, please use the Wishlist.