Clone this wiki locally
The #develop Corsavy (2.0) version is based on Microsoft .NET 2.0. Development has started end of 2004 and the first production release occured 7/17/2006.
Obviously, the first and foremost goal is to port #develop to .NET 2.0 and make it run.
Corsavy was initially the name for SharpDevelop 1.1, which should include a Source Code Management system and IntegratedDebugger. The plans have changed, Corsavy is now SharpDevelop 2.0 and will be the first release to include these features.
Areas we expect problems:
- Windows Forms Designer
Areas we need to rewrite #develop:
- Everywhere we currently use custom collections; replace with generics
- Use NRefactory (combined AST for C# and VB.NET) instead of SharpRefactory and SharpRefactoryVB.
- Code completion support for generics
Areas for improvement:
- Lazy loading of addins for improved startup performance
- Layout managers
- Use MSBuild for building the project
- Context dependent code completion
- Go to definition; find references
- RefactoringSupport (only the most important refactorings)
- Integrated subversion support (in 2.1)
After long delays because Mike was busy with his diploma thesis, the first public release was the "Corsavy Tech Preview" (188.8.131.528) on the 22nd August in 2005. (announcement )
Service release for SharpDevelop 2.1
- NUnit 2.4
- Debugger backport
- SDR 2.2
- Bug fixes
Time frame: June 2007
SharpDevelop 2.1 - Serralongue
Main new features: Subversion, FxCop, WiX integration, Compact Framework support, Component Inspector
- Beta 1 - released (9/19/2006)
- Beta 2 - released (11/2/2006)
- Beta 3 - released (12/23/2006)
- RC1 - released (2/9/2007)
- Final - released (3/7/2007)
SharpDevelop 2.0 - Corsavy
SharpDevelop 2.0 supports developing applications for C# 2.0, VB 8 and Boo on .Net 2.0. Support for compiling with older framework versions (1.0 and 1.1) is also implemented.
- Beta 1 - released (12/19/2005)
- Beta 2 - released, feature complete (2/12/2006)
- Beta 3 - released (4/12/2006)
- RC1 - released (5/17/2006)
- RC2 - released (6/5/2006)
- Final - released (7/17/2006)