Join GitHub today
GitHub is home to over 28 million developers working together to host and review code, manage projects, and build software together.Sign up
Learning Common Lisp
Clone this wiki locally
Learning Common Lisp is a permanent condition, affecting even the most experienced hackers. But for those who are just beginning, the following resources will be helpful.
- Start with the Common Lisp Wiki (or CLiki) pages on Getting Started and Education.
- The Wikipedia page on Common Lisp has an overview, code examples, and links. Browsing through the examples there will familiarize you with the syntax, which will help a lot in getting started.
- Here is an interesting Common Lisp feature list.
- There are also many free lisp books and other educational resources. A good starting point is Practical Common Lisp.
- If you have general Common Lisp questions, you can ask comp.lang.lisp on Usenet, LispForum, or #lisp on irc.freenode.org.
- User:Arbscht has a FAQ for lisp newbies.
- Casting SPELs in Lisp comics.